1/32 Aviattic Pfalz DVIII

Archimedes

Indeed but but I'm afraid the confirmed price of 195 pounds for the standard edition will kill a lot of possible sales.... more particularly for continental Europe modellers. :( Another side effect of that damned Brexit! <_<

I'm suspecting the cost is linked to the fact the production of various components was subcontracted. Too bad as the airframe is aesthetically attractive and I have no doubt this will be a very nice kit with all the bells and whistles. It also looks it will be probably far easier to build than the Ansaldo. 

• 6 months later...
On 5/8/2023 at 1:17 AM, thierry laurent said:

Indeed but but I'm afraid the confirmed price of 195 pounds for the standard edition will kill a lot of possible sales.... more particularly for continental Europe modellers. :( Another side effect of that damned Brexit! <_<

I'm suspecting the cost is linked to the fact the production of various components was subcontracted. Too bad as the airframe is aesthetically attractive and I have no doubt this will be a very nice kit with all the bells and whistles. It also looks it will be probably far easier to build than the Ansaldo. 

The EU store dosen’t help-thought that’s why they opened it?

On 4/28/2023 at 6:06 PM, vince14 said:

Given the Nieuports and Caudron, you'd think a HD.1 would be right up CSM's street. There's so many good schemes for it.

Well good news is since this last post Lukgraph and CSM both announced. I’ll be picking up a few from CSM. Lukgraph is powering on with nearly everything WNW missed. And Roden is hanging in there and releasing new kits as well. Just need someone to find the molds for that Handley Page…

Edited by Pup7309

12 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Well good news is since this last post Lukgraph and CSM both announced. I’ll be picking up a few from CSM. Lukgraph is powering on with nearly everything WNW missed. And Roden is hanging in there and releasing new kits as well. Just need someone to find the molds for that Handley Page…

I've actually now got a copy of the Lukgraph Hanriot, that's pretty sweet as well.

• 2 weeks later...

An update from Aviattic - sounds like the initial production run of 300 has sold out, and orders are being taken for the second and final run of 300 (for dispatch early in the new year). of those 300, only about 30 are of the cheaper standard boxing (the remainder are the more expensive Pour le Merite boxing) so if you're still on the fence you should make your mind up soon!

I have a copy of the kit (minus decals and instructions), and it is very impressive.

I bite the bullet and ordered one this morning. Aviattic confirmed that the Pfalz D. VIII kits are shipped from Belgium for EU-customers. So, yes, these kits are expensive, but no additional taxes or custom fees for EU-customers despite of the fact that you can order these kits only via aviattic.co.uk.

Andreas

• 3 months later...