Hasegawa reissuing the Bf109F-4 trop

Dave Williams

In January.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10114583

Looking over Hobby Search, it seems like almost all of their recent and upcoming aircraft kits are reissues, many of them being straight reboxings instead of a limited edition decal variant.  Seems like Hasegawa has given up on making any new aircraft kits, at least in 1/32 and 1/48 scale.  Hellcat F6F-3/5 also getting repopped.

Edited by Dave Williams

I don't understand why they do not include the F2, Galland & jagdbomber small sprues parts with the F4 in a single box when they are only doing re-releases every decade! They would sell far more kits and even someone like me who has three of the four boxings would buy one. However, another Marseille kit is not the most attractive option for all the people who already have one.

18 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Well, thank goodness for that. I was starting to fear that I might have to convert a Revell G-2/4 into an F.

I know what you mean.  I have an old Hasegawa G-2/4 to F-2 conversion sitting on the almost done but big yawn shelf.  I gave up when the F-4 was introduced back in the day.  

29 minutes ago, James Rademaker said:

Guys, I never used Hobby Link to purchase models. Any idea on shipping costs to the east coast of US? $30.00 is a great price  for that model. 
Jim

Probably another $30 (or more) in shipping from Japan to the East Coast of the U.S.  If you want snail shipping that will be slightly less.