Jump to content

2023 LSP Group Build suggestions thread


BradG
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, cairnsy said:

 

G’Day all,

 

I have a few ideas that I thought I might Table,

 

“Nose Jobs” any aircraft with nose art this gives you scope from WW1 right through to aircraft deployed on current ops and everything in between. 
 

“A dash of colour” any aircraft outside their usual basic/tactical/camo schemes so this could cover anything from WW1 in the dazzle and stripe schemes, through WW2 with some of the colourful fighters or even formation birds through to modern CAG birds and commemorative or show/display aircraft.

 

“On the scoreboard” any combat aircraft with a tally painted on it, be it mission markings, bomb tally , aerial victory markings (inc Mig Killers from Korea/Vietnam/GW1 or even the Super Hornet in Syria) this will give you scope for a range of fighters and bombers particularly from WW2 up to current scheme.

 

”Jaws” anything sharkmouth…. Enough said

 

I do also like the “Eye in the sky” suggestion made earlier to encompass any recce/photo recon or observation platform 

 

Just a few thoughts looking forward to hopefully taking part in my first LSP GB this time around

 

cheers

Cairnsy

 

I don't mind the Nose Art idea, would include shark mouths in that just to increase the scope of the group build. Non traditional camouflage or a special schemes is due for a repeat as we did try tiger meet GB before, but I'd increase the scope of it by including commemorative or special colours in it. Scoreboards kinda meshes with Aces.

 

Recon is a good idea but how many kits are there in LSP's available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of box decals. Built one that you were attracted to because of its markings.

 

Lovely, inspirational  decals. Ukrainian Fokker DXII F comes to mind out of my stash. 
 

Aircraft named after a person e.g., Mitchell

 

i vote for the helicopter auto-gyro.  

Edited by Rick Griewski
Added more
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to add drones and UAVs to the Helicopter and autogiro GB.

 

- Continental Asian Air forces - everything from Turkey to South Korea. Saudi Arabia and Yemen are geografically part of Africa, but politically part of Asia too, so they should be in. Would exclude Russia (politically European power) (and part of many other GBs) but add the post soviet 'stans and Sri Lanka as politically part of Indian subcontinent.

 

- Middle and Latin America - Mirages of 3 generations (III/5, F-1, 2000), Kfirs and Elkans, Broncos, Mustangs, Cavalier Mustangs, Corsairs, Curtisses, Texans, Sabres, Meteors, F-5, T-33, F-80, Thunderbolds, Vampire, Fouga Magister, Bristol Fighter, DH-4 (Liberty engine), PT-22, Bristol M.1C, Nieuport-27, Trojans, Catalinas, Walrus, Lancaster, B-17, Skyhawks, SBD/Banshee, Avenger, B-25, C-47/AC-47, Mig-29, Su-27, Su-22, Su-25, F-16, Black Hawks, Hinds, MD-500, Eurocopter, Mi-8. With Cuba on board also Mig-23 and L-39. Just what I remember being kitted in 1:32 by different manufacturers. Maybe there are some more kits for other aircrafts in Latin American service.

 

Would nice someone would make an A-37B Dragonfly in styrene. An A-37B would be a megaseller, used by countries around the world in many markings and camouflages. HK Model, Special Hobby, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, are you listening?

 

- Recce (did we have a recce GB before?)

 

- French made - everything french made in French Air Force and Aeronavale and elsewhere in the world. There is a surprising large number of french made aircrafts as kits available, from WW1 up to recent times.

 

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dutik said:

I'd like to add drones and UAVs to the Helicopter and autogiro GB.

 

- Continental Asian Air forces - everything from Turkey to South Korea. Saudi Arabia and Yemen are geografically part of Africa, but politically part of Asia too, so they should be in. Would exclude Russia (politically European power) (and part of many other GBs) but add the post soviet 'stans and Sri Lanka as politically part of Indian subcontinent.

 

- Middle and Latin America - Mirages of 3 generations (III/5, F-1, 2000), Kfirs and Elkans, Broncos, Mustangs, Cavalier Mustangs, Corsairs, Curtisses, Texans, Sabres, Meteors, F-5, T-33, F-80, Thunderbolds, Vampire, Fouga Magister, Bristol Fighter, DH-4 (Liberty engine), PT-22, Bristol M.1C, Nieuport-27, Trojans, Catalinas, Walrus, Lancaster, B-17, Skyhawks, SBD/Banshee, Avenger, B-25, C-47/AC-47, Mig-29, Su-27, Su-22, Su-25, F-16, Black Hawks, Hinds, MD-500, Eurocopter, Mi-8. With Cuba on board also Mig-23 and L-39. Just what I remember being kitted in 1:32 by different manufacturers. Maybe there are some more kits for other aircrafts in Latin American service.

 

Would nice someone would make an A-27B in styrene. An A-37B would be a megaseller, used by countries around the world in many markinggs and camouflages. HK Model, Special Hobby, Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, are you listening?

 

- Recce (did we have a recce GB before?)

 

- French made - everything french made in French Air Force and Aeronavale and elsewhere in the world. There is a surprising large number of french made aircrafts as kits available, from WW1 up to recent times.

 

Regards

- dutik

Good suggestions!

About French aircraft, note they also built aircraft of foreign origin such as the Mistral (Vampire), Aquilon (Sea Venom), Nord 1000 (Bf-108), Morane Saulnier MS 500 (Fieseler Storch).

 

Alain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple more ideas:

 

"Brushfire Wars" - Any aircraft depicted in use during a low-intensity conflict. Lots of scope here, from the earliest days of aircraft to the present.

"Rescue Me" (with love to Linda Ronstadt) - Any aircraft used in the air-land-sea rescue role. 

 

Cheers,  Rockie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Thomas Lund said:

Foreigners - non-native pilots in an airforce... plenty of options in WWII at least, I don't know about WWI, vietnam or Korea

I believe there were exchange RAF pilots flying F-86s in Korea.  Plenty of similar examples no doubt.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

Foreigners - non-native pilots in an airforce... plenty of options in WWII at least, I don't know about WWI, vietnam or Korea

 

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

I believe there were exchange RAF pilots flying F-86s in Korea.  Plenty of similar examples no doubt.

 

Weren't there Navy and Marine pilots flying F-86s too. They were probably regarded as "foreign" too. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BradG said:

 

 

Recon is a good idea but how many kits are there in LSP's available?


The only OOTB WW2 recon aircraft that I can think of is the F-6D option in the Tamiya P-51D/K boxing.  Modern is slightly better with the Revell RF-4C and -E kits, the Italeri Mirage IIIR, and the Italeri RF-104.  For WW1, I guess you would count two seat observation types as recon aircraft?  Otherwise, I think you’re looking at conversions or aftermarket recon pods, but there are a number of those out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Brad and Dave are quite right: there are only a few Matchbox kits to choose from so Dave’s suggestion of ‘Gone but not forgotten’  is the better call.  A few ‘out of the box suggestions:

 - Scratchbuild Something (anything) - it can be an LSP or a part of one or to convert something.

 - ‘Top of the Pile’. - what is the one kit that just went straight to the top of the build stack for you?  

 - Since it will be 2023; “Aces with more than 23 victories” 

 - “Alternate Uses” = aircraft that were repurposed for the one they were designed for (e.g. Tiger Moths with bomb racks, Ground attack Hurricanes, Cessna A-37 light attack that was developed from the T-37 Tweet.

 

Just a thought.

Cheers

P. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the Latin American idea, there's a huge scope for stuff especially as the US supplied aircraft post WW2 to many nations in South America. That's a good one. Asia is an option too inclusive of Japan.

 

We could also dedicate a Luftwaffe Group Build to Jerry.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LSP_K2 changed the title to 2023 LSP Group Build suggestions thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...