1/32 Bf 109 E-3, E-4 & E-7 trop from Hobby 2000 (Dragon rebox) - released

barkhorn

I ordered a few of the Eduard 109 Overtrees kits (they only have the ones without wings, but the wheel bay inserts are in there) for £8 from Eduard direct after seeing the post earlier in the thread about their parts being a decent fit for the Dragon kits inserts. Some Archer Details should bring them up to spec detail wise. And I now have 3 new paint mules waiting in the wings.

For anyone on the fence whether to invest in one of these; l would like to say that building my Cyberhobby E-7 was a real joy. The engineering and fit is outstanding. Aside from not being riveted the detail is head and shoulders above Eduard. 

If you want an E model 109, this is the kit to have!

On 2/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, ade rowlands said:

I ordered a few of the Eduard 109 Overtrees kits (they only have the ones without wings, but the wheel bay inserts are in there) for £8 from Eduard direct after seeing the post earlier in the thread about their parts being a decent fit for the Dragon kits inserts. Some Archer Details should bring them up to spec detail wise. And I now have 3 new paint mules waiting in the wings.

Great idea and as you say use some Archer sets will make things look much better. Think I use the rivet details, WW I sticking details and weld bead set for the zips and all works very well.

Regards. Andy 

HGW has E-7 water transfer rivet sets ... also G6, zero, and a few others. very easy to apply - but very subtle in the end after a couple coats of paint. best to cut them up into chunks as applying the whole sections like the wings isn't as easy. i think there is a thread on LSP re: applying wet transfer decals