Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

From memory the D520 builds nicely - a really good introduction to short run kits.

I was really excited when it was released - and to see their subsequent releases of French types - subjects overlooked for far too long.

Look forward to seeing your build Denis!

Iain

33 minutes ago, Iain said:

Look forward to seeing your build Denis!

Iain

Me too, the challenge of short-run kits is what keeps me going, love the extra research and work necessary to produce something worthwhile. You’ll enjoy the journey Denis, and you’re definitely up to it skill wise.

On 2/12/2024 at 5:18 PM, Furie said:

When I looked at the prices of this D 520 on ebay, I realized just how precious a gift Philippe had given me.
In every sense of the word, because it's an airplane I really dream of building, and what's more, it's absolutely unobtainable at a decent price.
And he gave it to me...
He's a great guy and I'm a lucky guy.
Concerning the versions of this box, it seems to me that there are only the 2 German and Italian versions (according to the pdf of the manual on scalemates) => 228242-16-instructions.pdf (scalemates.com)
I'll check tomorrow.
I've started looking for wip on this model, and there are points to correct like the wing dihedral and the size of the propeller blades. 
But on a given horse, you don't look at the teeth.

Denis is on cloud nine...

Just an FYI: Contact-Resine made an excellent update set for this kit that corrects a few significant shape issues. Hard to find, but worth the effort. 

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=105

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/contact-resine-ck-32001-dewoitine-d520--1030882

At long last, this arrived today and I am super happy despite that it came in a brown paper bag from the UK - so you can guess what kind of condition it turned up in.... Not happy Jan

2024-02-20_04-42-56

The box is quite big - about what I was expecting. The kit itself is very large though - over 45cm in length. So can't wait to start this. I have plans to make this my own N1 and not do Mando's one - because everyone will do it Silver.

I may have to buy another one or 2 just for the different paint schemes I have in mind :D

Edited by The Madhatter

yeah no worries mate, I paid $110 including shipping. I can see why it was free. I could've waited until April for it to be released here in OZ, but I am impatient and wanted it now. I have a "source" at my LHS who is speculating the cost to be roughly $90- 100, so I don't feel like I've paid top dollar/OTT but that remains to be seen. I'll be pretty happy if they come out at a lower cost so then I can buy more :D

On 2/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, dashotgun said:

after moving I have been very slow to set up  my modeling area in part to moving inpart  due to buying a new sports car   however just got the  new zouko maru Fw 190 A annd assorted  ams   so looking forward to restartingp3133794030-6.jpg

Beautiful , aesthetically, technically , simply beautiful .