Aftermarket items for 1:24 Airfix F6F-5 Hellcat?

chuck540z3

I have that big Hellcat too! I have the DN Models masks for the national insignia

HGW seatbelts, Airscale instrument panel, Master 50 caliber gun barrels, Aerocraft

early -5 and Minsi III decals and the ANZY spark plugs and braided line. I wish it was a -3 

as well for the 3 tone paint but...I will build it as MINSI III. There's a retired Tomcat pilot I know that

Dave McCampbell was his uncle. If Chuck is going to build it I will "pump the brakes" and follow along

for his always fabulous ride!

Cheers...Ron

Chuck, you can find my recent in-flight build on here. It’s the best fitting and nicest engineered kit I’ve ever built. I kept it almost completely OOB. I agree with getting braided wires for the ignition harness, but other than that, the kit is incredibly nice. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Peter

Mine's is still in the stash as I still need to get a little aftermarket.  I have the Airscale instrument panel and some Eduard etch, as well as some resin bits for the engine and fuel tanks courtesy of Nigel's Modelling Bench.  Lots of tips here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_hDM1QhN4&list=PL4khtUfadv0G5OW35Pr2g9fKrGWCCJJtj

I still have to find some decent markings and replacement undercarriage legs, as the Airfix U/C legs are not up to the job.  Once I have these, I'll probably make a start, perhaps early next year.  Like many, I wish they'd done the earlier -3 version, but they didn't so I'm sure once I make a start on mine, they'll release that version too.  :rolleyes: :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

5 minutes ago, airscale said:

why thank you - very kind :)

this one

SNKW1H.jpg

I see you have been shopping Chuck, so your money is on it's way back to you in the name of the entertainment you give us all :)

Peter

Wow, thanks Peter!  I will try to make this cockpit sing!

Cheers,

Chuck

56 minutes ago, airscale said:

why thank you - very kind :)

this one

SNKW1H.jpg

I see you have been shopping Chuck, so your money is on it's way back to you in the name of the entertainment you give us all :)

Peter

yeah i think this baby is going to be my first try at your amazing products Peter

OK boys, this is what I just ordered this morning:

• Airfix Kit
  • Aerocraft Brass Landing Gear
  • Airscale Instrument Panel (Thanks again Peter!)
  • ANYZ Spark Plugs and Wiring set
  • HGW Seatbelts
  • Barracuda Diamond Tread Tires/wheels
  • Eduard Wheel Bay Detail Set
  • Eduard Canopy Masks
  • DN Models Paint Masks for Insignias, Letters and Numbers

$558 Cdn and counting with the $40 credit from Peter. :o

What I'm not sure of is which Master Brass Gun Barrel set to get:  Early with vents or late (covered vents).  I guess I'll need to figure out a subject first before I decide, but one thing that is certain is that it will be American and weathered.

If anybody knows of something I've missed that's worthwhile, please let me know!

Cheers,

Chuck

8 minutes ago, Eagle Driver said:

Oh Oh, missed the second one.  Could you please add it to my first order and bill me?

Thanks!

Chuck