White death

Hawkwrench

This has been the coolest summer in Brisbane since I got here in 2001.  December though April is usually hell with high humidity that hangs around from February through April.  Barely had reason to complain this year.

I don't miss Michigan's 'Lake-effect' snows at all.  Driving truck on slippery roads...  used to tighten my shoulders into knots.

I can hear it sleeting or freezing rain against the windows here. We only have ice, I'd sooner have snow, but they don't really know what to do with it here either. I moved almost 2 years ago from an area in PA that had more than 24" the other week. Glad I didn't have to clear that. :D

We just received a winter storm advisory for Monday.  15-25cms expected before it moves on. This Winter thing is starting to lose its appeal now. Give me Spring, please. 

I'm not sure I've shoveled more than I have this year in the last decade +.

So far we have had at least 3 major storms with 6"-10"/15-25cm of snow each.

With temps lately in the 0f to -10f range its it's not going anywhere either. 

Our mailbox is of standard US height, around neck/chin high when standing on the street, and it looks like its about 12 or 15 inches tall.

This has been a "snowy" winter in Germany and it has been quite cold the past week.  I have to laugh  at most of the reports of the German Weather Service though "Brutally cold temperatures awaited!" or "Catastrophic snowfall expected.", I expect to a future forecast will headline with, "Newsflash, water is wet!" haha! 

Ernest 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, Stokey Pete said:

We’ve had major inconveniences from the half a centimetre of heavy snow that fell on our roads. Anything more than a millimetre brings about standstills in the UK. We get sensationalist Tabloid newspaper headlines proclaiming record low temperatures, and storms are given catchy headline names. It’s quite amusing actually, especially when I speak to friends in parts of the world

where snow is measured in FEET! 

Brings about standstills in England. We cope with it rather better up here as we get more practice. Beautiful powder last week and -6C at midday. My dogs had a ball jumping around in it.

I love the way our press here in the UK pick and choose the "appropriate scale for the ir agenda. 

Temperatures at the hot end, its Fahrenheit, at the cold end centigrade

Snowfall centimeters not inches, 

flooding Feet! 

All to sensationalise. 

What is funny though is whenever it does snow in the UK the vast majority completely forget how to drive. :hmmm:

I just saw a newsreport on Belgian TV.

Talking about temp of - 35° C.

We've had a cold period last week with temp of -10°C.

That was cold enough.Can't imagine how -35°C feels like !

By the end of the week mild weather in Belgium with + 17°C. Much better !

Edited by Erwin