JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

Guess what was waiting on my front porch when I cam back from breakfast? And it looks WONDERFUL.

This one's for my mormor, Tack för allt du gjort för familjen i Amerika och i Sverige.

My grandmother came here all by herself in 1904, and her story is sad and inspiring both.

15 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

Guess what was waiting on my front porch when I cam back from breakfast? And it looks WONDERFUL.

This one's for my mormor, Tack för allt du gjort för familjen i Amerika och i Sverige.

My grandmother came here all by herself in 1904, and her story is sad and inspiring both.

Lycka till med ditt Viggen-bygge! :D

Stefan :beer:

I'm very please for you  receiving your model, on the other hand my one appears to have been sitting in a shed in Istanbul for at least 10 days..

Good job I'm patient!

Query for anyone who has built the original kit. The cockpit sills are listed in the instructions as being parts E19 & E20 but are definitely not there. Looks to me they are on block A of the printed parts, am I correct? 

20 hours ago, Scotsman said:

on the other hand my one appears to have been sitting in a shed in Istanbul for at least 10 days..

Actually may not be the case... I received this email today from JetMads replying to my message yesterday: 

Hello,

Based on messages we have been receiving lately from some modellers, mostly in a few states of the USA and apparently the entire UK, regarding that their tracking information shows no updates and they either see their packages are still in Istanbul or have been so told by their postal services, we would like to clarify that:

-          Packages accepted by the Turkish post are forwarded to their destinations generally in no more than two days and we are updated when they leave the country.

-          The tracking information once a package lands in its destination airport is (or expected to be) fed by the receiving carrier, whereas services of different countries operate in various paces. Which is why our notification emails state “It is quite common that it may take a while for the tracking info to show up and be possible that no updates are observed for a long time even after a package is forwarded to its destination country, as the information for updates after packages leave Istanbul is totally provided by the receiving postal services and depends on their speed of processing.”

-          Once your tracking infor shows  “The item was forwarded to the destination country (Otb)” and/or  “Your package has shipped from the originating country and is en route to its destination” it exactly means that the package has left Turkiye and is not in Istanbul anymore.

-          Neither we nor the Turkish Post have control over how fast the packages are processed once they land in their receiving countries. Customs and postal services in mainland Europe are quite fast, so are the ones in the Far East and Australia / New Zealand, but the USPS deliveries in the Americas and US can sometimes be retarded while the Royal Mail deliveries in the UK always are.

-          Any queries with the RM in particular generally does not help, because their default reply would be that “the items seem not to have left Istanbul yet” even after two weeks they have been forwarded to the UK. We are well experienced to know that the packages would be awaiting to be processed in a forgotten terminal at a British airport for a couple of weeks while the RM insists otherwise. It is possible that it may take a while for the RM to be made aware of the packages’ arrivals but the good thing is they eventually deliver.

Last but not least, you may rest assured to know that successful delivery rate is exceptionally high and packages are always trackable, which is why we always ship with International Registered Mail service. If there is a problem with its delivery due to not being claimed or wrong address declared, any package will return to us and we are very pleased to announce that all packages so far have been and keep on being successfully delivered.  

Best,

JETMADS Team

I received my kit last week. I am happy to see that they vastly upgraded the packaging and protection since the original Viggen release. So many parts were damaged on my first kit and it looks like it all arrived intact this time. Many parts from the casting blocks like all the flap actuators had been knocked off, but I can live with that.. but it is quite a tight fit in that box..

Looking at all that resin really took me back to the excitement I felt when I opened the first kit. Back then I had just finished a project and my bench was clean and ready for a new project. I did not really intend to start the Viggen but I ended up diving straight in. This time I remember all to well the many, many, MANY hours spent masking - so I put it in my stash for now :D 

I know I teased to some people that I would perhaps do  a NMF Viggen this time but honestly the AJ deserves the Field and Meadows treatment. I wish I had built them in reverse order because I would probably have built the JA version in Grey then. They look pretty cool as well.

I received mine yesterday and I have to say I am somewhat displeased - I think I set my expectations too high. Upon first inspection, the low points of this kit are the 3D printed parts that are full of layer lines that will be visible under paint and emphasized by weathering. There are countless examples of lineless 3D prints from several other companies and for the price of the kit, this should be no different. 

The resin casts are outstanding, however, my mid / rear fuselage section is slightly warped and the shape doesn't exactly match up with the forward section (with cockpit and intake fronts). I'd like to dive into it, but I'm hesitant to start dreading how the 3D printed parts will look under paint.

On 1/30/2024 at 3:14 AM, Phantom2 said:

Lycka till med ditt Viggen-bygge! :D

Tack, tack! (that's about the extent of my Swedish beyond "Happy Birthday" and "Merry Christmas").

Regarding shipping updates: I got incomplete shipper updates from the website supplied by Jetmads, and I knew very little until the package was in the States. Then it just appeared with no "out for delivery" or other announcements. My advice is be patient. I was NOT, but all's well that ends well.

JmcD I got that message as well, but my Royal Mail tracking app is still reporting that it's somewhere between Turkey and the UK, so I'm now imagining a small boat laden wit Viggen kits being frantically rowed towards the UK 

Sp O'll carry on twiddling my fingers and quietly fuming!

Have any UK orders have actually been delivered ?,

According to the Tracking site provided by Jetmads my Viggen was handed over on the 19th of Jan , and is "In Transit" , but there's no sign of it on the Royal Mail site , so I can only assume that's it somewhere between here and there. 

Hence the question , has anyone gone through something like this? 

On 2/8/2024 at 10:40 PM, Scotsman said:

According to the Tracking site provided by Jetmads my Viggen was handed over on the 19th of Jan , and is "In Transit" , but there's no sign of it on the Royal Mail site , so I can only assume that's it somewhere between here and there. 

It will no doubt be at the Royal Mail

facility near to Heathrow and I bet it’s going to be there for a fortnight. I’ve had quite a few imports where the tracking is great to the U.K. then it vanishes and the next thing you know is a big box on the doorstep! I think that’s how it was for my Viggen a couple of years back anyway!

On 2/8/2024 at 10:40 PM, Scotsman said:

Mines been the same, been checking daily. Had this before with another supplier where they hadn't sent it but generated a tracking number. 

Like others, I have 2 x kits (separate track numbers) en-route to the UK and no updates since last registered in Turkey. I have never had this issue with their JA Viggens I ordered and so, I have no idea what the issue is with the (same) tracking system (17 TRACK) this time which is utterly useless. My kits were listed by JETMADS as posted 12th January in an email of that date and the tracking website shows nothing updated since 19th January when they were last showing as departing Turkey for country of destination; (UK) in this instance.

I haven't had any HMRC tax demands arrive either in the interim and so where they are at the moment, who knows. I guess all one can do is wait...and wait.

Gary

For all in the UK, I have had this issue with all my previous orders with Jetmads - 17TRACK and other tracking services showed the parcel has left Istanbul, nothing further.  On ALL occasions the parcel showed up on my doorstep, and on ALL the occasions the tracking did not update - even AFTER delivery.

Don't know what the reason behind this is (software incompatibility, fire wall at the point of carrier, or lazy delivery person - making NO judgements here), but I have the same issue now with a parcel shipped from Japan to Belgium (mother says delivered, tracking showing parcel has cleared customs, then nothing).  On another shipment it was 'en route' for 58 days, (also via Istanbul) and showed up on my doorstep with my very friendly postman - yet the tracking to this day still says 'en route'  Go figure.

My advise for JETMADS stuff is don't panick too soon, just try to be patient (difficult, bordering impossible, I know, but still) 

Edited by Landrotten Highlander