New Old man blog (#107) posted on Zoukei-Mura website

Jan_G

I think we've been very lucky so far with all of the current releases in the larger scales. 

No doubt that 1/72 and 1/48 scales are still the 'kings of the road' when it comes to higher volume sales, and of course COVID hasn't helped this industry just like others.

Z-M and the others will bounce back after a couple of years of relative quiet but I do think that the main scales will still prevail due to their money making prospects.

Oddly enough I was told that the larger scales although smaller in volume sales make up for it by higher profit margins which tend to equalize the costs somewhat.

Large 1/48 subjects like C-130's always have me hooked, if Z-M produce a 1/48 B-29 in the future I'd definately have to save my pennies for that one! :):rolleyes:  

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The “gang” over there that does that seems only interested in GWH kits and kits of Russian aircraft.  A US aircraft should squeak by.

Talk about drama :mental:

I don't want to stray OT here but just wow. Been lurking for the 1/48 GWH Su27UB to drop (can't fit an lsp flanker here no matter how much I want to) and it is just now finally on pre-order at lucky model etc., but they are still too deep in group therapy to have noticed. 

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The “gang” over there that does that seems only interested in GWH kits and kits of Russian aircraft.  A US aircraft should squeak by.

Let's not forget 300 pages of AMK-induced group therapy. I enjoy discussing model airplane kits and their qualities but that kind of photo analysis is just ludicrous. In any even, yay for a nice F-4E kit!

John

On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 AM, Paul2660 said:

Had hoped they would roll out the other canon versions of the HS-129. 

Paul C 

All in good time, I'm sure ... There are quite a few 32' scale projects in their pipeline at the moment - With at least 2 other Hs.129 kits planned that I'm aware of ... I'd imagine if the great COVID toilet paper crisis hadn't held them up, then we'd probably already have at least one of them out.

Rog :)

On 8/21/2020 at 2:18 PM, jgrease said:

Let's not forget 300 pages of AMK-induced group therapy. I enjoy discussing model airplane kits and their qualities but that kind of photo analysis is just ludicrous. In any even, yay for a nice F-4E kit!

John

Spare me the snarky comments.   As an active member of both sites, I find it disappointing that someone feels the need to slag another modeling website. The number of folks interested in scale models is shrinking on a daily basis.   Might be nice to try to support other sites, rather than slinging pithy comments at them.  You don't like a 300 page thread about an F-14 model?  Don't read it.  Pretty simple John.  Also, ARC doesn't have a monopoly on silly threads that go on and on with no apparent purpose or other threads that have rivet counters dissecting a minor aspect of a kit in great detail. 

Edited by John1