1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

6 minutes ago, oyoy5 said:

So will they all become property on Meng at some point?

All of what? Reading this thread, we only know of Meng working with WNW on the DR.I

Richard

11 minutes ago, oyoy5 said:

So will they all become property on Meng at some point?

No! 

Whatever moulds were made for WNW in the past by whatever tool shop are the property of WNW. Meng has no say in that.

Radu

Edited by Radub

6 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

The PE parts that come with the kit are pretty adequate.  You just have to roll the jacket yourself.  Unfortunately...  they all mostly disappear under the upper wing.

And  - I don't care! I'd probably go for a set of Gaspatch guns and try to get the levers and crash pads right, because that's my thing.

Actually, compared to some the guns are pretty visible on a DR.I

Richard

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

And  - I don't care! I'd probably go for a set of Gaspatch guns and try to get the levers and crash pads right, because that's my thing.

Actually, compared to some the guns are pretty visible on a DR.I

Richard

As nice as the Gaspatch guns are...  the jackets are just too thick for scale.

16 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

As nice as the Gaspatch guns are...  the jackets are just too thick for scale.

We're into a matter of opinion thing here. You're right - an etched shell is much closer to scale. For me, I rarely look at an 08/15 in contemporary pictures and thought how thin the jacket was

I'd rather go with the Gaspatch guns, and I'm fine with whatever you choose to use

Just as long as it isn't the things Academy provide with their 1/32 Camel.

Richard

This could be the start of  a great "Whodunit" 

"So it was Mr Meng with a 150 tonne lock press in Korea "

or "Mr Peter Trum with beryllium moulds in China"

WE could call it " Plasto" Or Clue****

Just my random musings after a couple of vintage ports !!!

Bob

Edited by Bob MDC

Having taken a look around t'internet in respect of Where Meng's box art came from, It appears that the whirling propeller fronting a lovely incorrect stationary radial engine may well have come from the cover shot of WWI Aero No.197 featuring a replica of Manfred von Richtofen's Dr.I 425/17:

Dr.I

The photo seems to match very well with what is on the box art. 

Best regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...

So, did anyone get their kit yet?

Both of mine (big red box and regular one) are supposedly en route from HK since Thursday, so should be here in a month or whatever...

27 minutes ago, sky said:

Both of mine (big red box and regular one) are supposedly en route from HK since Thursday, so should be here in a month or whatever...

Yeah.  There is a big photo thread here.  I think most everyone who ordered the kit in the US from Sprue Brothers probably has it by now.  I got mine on Wednesday.

One I ordered from Lucky Model is on the way, but the one I ordered from HobbyEasy still hasn’t shipped.

Edited by Dave Williams

31 minutes ago, sky said:

Love the Gulf avatar......917?

I normally recognize GT40s, but that looked more Porche like

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Love the Gulf avatar......917?

I normally recognize GT40s, but that looked more Porche like

It absolutely is. I know, completely way out here, but the 917 is THE racing car for me. Judging by the # of large scale kits and books on the matter. Plus I've taken the half day drive to the Porsche factory museum twice just to see the 917s exhibited there.

That aside, I somehow seem to have missed the pictures thread here. Blimey.

My kits are shipping from hobbyeasy as well. And can I just say that I placed two separate orders because international shipping was still an issue at the time of the order, I now got two tracking mails both stating the same tracking number, so duh. According to hobbyeasy the shipping date was postponed by a week or two. It was said to be early August, but got pushed back to mid - late August.

So add to that it'll probably be stuck in customs for a while as well (both in HK and here in L'Europe)... wake me in a month.