1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

6 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

All probable, especially the parcelfarce bit. You will however have 3 collectors kits by the time they reach you.

I suspect that by the time I get my hands on one, it'll probably already be a year old.

themodellingnews.com - Review Pt.I: Meng's 1/32nd scale Fokker Dr I Triplane

Today we look at the contents of the long-awaited 1/32nd scale Fokker Dr I Triplane kit from Meng. A surprise for some and a much-wanted subject in the most up to date quality for many, this boxing is interesting to us on many levels. See what we found in the box before we started building the kit in Pt.II.

Juraj

18 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Mine was pre-ordered.  From China.  So I’m not happy to see Sprue Bros flogging them already.  This is my third pre-order ever, and like the others, it seems as if I’ll be among the last to get it.

Dont know why I bothered. 

I do seem to recall that this has happened to you before. First to order, last to receive.

I got my one kit direct from China and it looks great to my eyes. I don't have any broken parts like some have reported. I like it well enough that I may get a second one but probably with the resin bust next time. I'm going to do mine with the decals that came with the WnW MvR Albatross. It's an attractive scheme and will go well with the D.V sitting on the shelf. I even ordered some MRP Richtofen's Red from SB with my last order. Should be a fun build.

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Mine was pre-ordered.  From China.  So I’m not happy to see Sprue Bros flogging them already.  This is my third pre-order ever, and like the others, it seems as if I’ll be among the last to get it.

Dont know why I bothered. 

The only reason I ever order any kits from China is always, 100% the same - to save money. To do so, I swap speed for savings, because I'm a tight arsed git. And because, like pretty much 99% of this here forum, the kits will stand in the stash for a good few, um, years, as I, like everybody else, already have a healthy (or unhealthy, depending upon your spouse) stash that is already intimidating me and poking its tongue out, because it knows it's already too big for my rapidly aging self to ever deal with. In other, simper words, why rush to get a kit that you're not going to immediately build, when you have numerous others that you are working on and planning to work on, just sat there, waiting?

Why did you order from China? Did you expect to save money and get it first, does it operate like that in Aus?

3 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I got my one kit direct from China and it looks great to my eyes. I don't have any broken parts like some have reported. I like it well enough that I may get a second one but probably with the resin bust next time. I'm going to do mine with the decals that came with the WnW MvR Albatross. It's an attractive scheme and will go well with the D.V sitting on the shelf. I even ordered some MRP Richtofen's Red from SB with my last order. Should be a fun build.

It seems that the red is a bit off, assuming contemporary interpretations are correct.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

It seems that the red is a bit off, assuming contemporary interpretations are correct.

When I built the MvR Albatross I used the formula in the instructions and it looks really good. I want a different shade on the tri-plane. If the MRP looks too off I'll either modify it or use the WnW formula with a little more red. I don't have the MRP paint in hand yet so we shall see.

4 hours ago, STWilliams said:

The only reason I ever order any kits from China is always, 100% the same - to save money. To do so, I swap speed for savings, because I'm a tight arsed git. And because, like pretty much 99% of this here forum, the kits will stand in the stash for a good few, um, years, as I, like everybody else, already have a healthy (or unhealthy, depending upon your spouse) stash that is already intimidating me and poking its tongue out, because it knows it's already too big for my rapidly aging self to ever deal with. In other, simper words, why rush to get a kit that you're not going to immediately build, when you have numerous others that you are working on and planning to work on, just sat there, waiting?

Why did you order from China? Did you expect to save money and get it first, does it operate like that in Aus?

I live in Australia.  We get almost everything from China.  If I had waited for an Australian supplier to have it, I would have paid twice as much if not more.  Generally, I never have trouble with China.  Ebay or otherwise.

Mine arrived on the doorstep today.  Looks great, and a quick examination of the wings without removing the sprue from the bag shows no sign of any warping.  I can't say any of the marking options leap out and say "do me", so it's aftermarket decals or masks for me.  Now shall I see what's about now, or shall I wait and see if anyone obliges?

13 hours ago, MikeC said:

Mine arrived on the doorstep today.  Looks great, and a quick examination of the wings without removing the sprue from the bag shows no sign of any warping.  I can't say any of the marking options leap out and say "do me", so it's aftermarket decals or masks for me.  Now shall I see what's about now, or shall I wait and see if anyone obliges?

I'd like to take a stab at the Voss machine, but it looks like new "face" decals will be needed for that.