Wingnut Wings - The End?

NGBZ

1 hour ago, Bradleygolding said:

However this pans out, it's quite obvious that WnW would appear to have been massively subsidized by the NZ taxpayer, and that if they return, things will be very different. Several threads wondered how they existed financially and whether PJ under wrote the operation, well now we seem to be more in the know. It would be disappointing if they do cease trading, as I fell they have made a significant contribution to 1/32 scale modelling. Looking at my still in construction Felixstowe, there are more pieces to one of the engines that in many of the first Airfix kits I made as a young modeller.

Let's see how this works out.

Steve.

I think it's quite obvious that Weta benefitted, indirectly, as the companies who contracted Weta paid with some of the Government money.

Perfectly legal.

8 hours ago, DeanKB said:

So basically -  it's all a conspiracy?

Seriously thats drawing a long bow but hey dont let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

Waiting for facts which have since come forward ie which id say verified everything i said about waiting for facts.

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/news

That is a long way from shutting the doors permanantly.

Feel free to indulge in whatever fantasies you like but waiting for facts as opposed to unsubstantiated rumours based off emails only 1 person has seen is far from conspiracy theories.

Its called waiting for facts.

And now your running around saying anyones money is not safe with them.

Give it a rest its simply gutter talk of one of the finest manufacturers of kits we have seen in the hobby.

Simply garbage..

And im off to order an Albatross jyst to show them they have my support..unlike those running around spreading rumours and stirring the pot.

Edited by Darren Howie

Guys, let's please keep the personal out of this, these are trying times for all of us. 

I'm sure all will become clearer in time, and it might be quite some time before normality is resumed. 

Whichever way it pans out, we've been spoilt rotten - I can't think of any modelling company who have not only set the bar so high, and maintained it, while being so prolific. 

9 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

You keep spouting this same thing Darren, even when MULTIPLE people in MULTIPLE places have told you the exact same thing.  You just don't seem to be able to listen or understand it.  This isn't rumor or third hand information.  It is a direct quote from the guy in charge.  Not really sure how much clearer that could be made for you.  Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

Cognitive Dissonance is a real thing.

I'm not getting into the "Will they? wont they? have they? are they?" discussion, just to say if ultimately WNW do hit the buffers it will be an extremely sad day for the hobby.

I only have one WNW kit to try my hand but that said, anything that restricts our choice as modelers is a bad thing. 

I do hope WNW survive to fight another day. 

45 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

You keep spouting this same thing Darren, even when MULTIPLE people in MULTIPLE places have told you the exact same thing.  You just don't seem to be able to listen or understand it.  This isn't rumor or third hand information.  It is a direct quote from the guy in charge.  Not really sure how much clearer that could be made for you.  Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

So what's your conclusion from the guy's who's in charge statement "it looks grim"? Please share your insider knowledge and

hopefully this will end this tiresome thread. "Whatever will be, will be". Nothing valid for me here in 9 pages rather than speculation,

rumors ect, ect.

Edited by Lothar

Everybody's free to draw their own conclusions, it's a personal choice.

I'm slightly shocked that some people seem to be taking being disagreed with as some sort of personal insult?

We'll find out soon enough, and in the meantime, I'm going to refrain from further comment

22 hours ago, barkhorn said:

Info circulating amongst the industry people says that Nieuport was such a commercial success that CSM is going to focus on vehicles...

That's really interesting, if true.

Aircraft models don't seem to be extremely popular.

As much as I have enjoyed WNW kits, I have never figured out how it was profitable. In fact quite often it's speculated that it's not,  but is subsidized by PJ. If true there might not be any interest by another company to buy the molds and start producing these kits again. Most of their kits are not particularly popular subjects. It's often stated here that we are but a small percentage of scale modelers. That most modelers are casual and just want to stick some parts together and be done with it. Most model companies have models for those builders. Cheap and simple. WNW never has had anything for them. Makes me wonder how many kits they have actually sold.

I do worry about the aftermarket guys going away since I think they depend more on people that actually build. I have come to believe that only about ten percent of kits of any kind ever get built and WNW is probably even lower.

Jay

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Maybe the market is pretty saturated. 

I passed on the CSM Nieuports, as I always assumed WNW would eventually get to them, much as they were doing with my beloved Dr.I

7 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I passed on the CSM Nieuports, as I always assumed WNW would eventually get to them, much as they were doing with my beloved Dr.I

I think if we put those Nieuports into WNW boxes you would not be disappointed. It is almost like they come from the same source. I hope we are still getting the CSM Starstrutters if WNW do go belly up.