Wingnut Wings - The End?

NGBZ

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don't think Hornby has a proverbial pot to p**s in right now, so the odds of their picking up the WnW line and suddenly launching into a line of 1/32 kits seems prettttttttty far-fetched to me.

I just pray they stay around long enough to get their new 1/72 Vulcan out the door.

Hornby actually seem to have access to plenty of cash, it actually would not surprise me if they looked at acquiring WnW as a complimentary company to Airfix. As I mentioned in another comment, Hornby owns Pocher and WnW would give them an upscale (no pun intended) counterpart to Airfix. I’m not predicting it will happen, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it did.

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Amen. Would be nice if they moulded it in the UK, as they did with the Victor.

Tony 

It’s not happening. Airfix is going to mould all its kits in India for the foreseeable future. This subject was discussed in an interview with one of the Airfix designers on the Flory Models YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/6DoMnNs4jAw

12 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

is it true, we just dont know yet

i think the demise of WnW will hurt all the aftermarket detail companies

Sad times

In time it will, suppose it depends how many of these kits get built or just sit in a stash collecting dust? Will be a real shame to see the likes of Aviattic disappear as well.

Regards Andy 

Sad to read.  Hoping for the best for all obvious reasons.  Life goes on.  EBay will likely rejoice and slaughter the weak minded.  The rest of us mortals will smirk at the seven or eight Fokker D VII ‘s and the many Albatross in the inventory. The Brit’s will coddle the endless Camel & Se5’s in their inventory.  The rest will whatever,, hmmmm ask for what exactly?   Whatever.  Just kidding.  Remember The red Barron was shot down by ground infantry fire.  Read the details gents.  Romancing the after the account facts are reassuring. 

I need a one off Gotha like?  Or an or exacerbated oil canned skinned Lanc thirty years past it’s prime, like?   Well Please.  Whatever.  Well past prime, well done on the BBQ after the fact.  Seriously no. Looks great in the Imperial War Museum not in war time prestige kept service.  

We need a Damn B -26 Marauder.  F-102.  106. B-58 or that bat winged Vulcan beast.   The Lanc was a good after thought in theory. Any British twin would be more welcomed. ANY Brit twin!  Please don’t go down the TSR or the Canadian Avro whatever.  Please?  So many Brit twins i want to see.  

R..I P. WNW.   

2 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Sad to read.  Hoping for the best for all obvious reasons.  Life goes on.  EBay will likely rejoice and slaughter the weak minded.  The rest of us mortals will smirk at the seven or eight Fokker D VII ‘s and the many Albatross in the inventory. The Brit’s will coddle the endless Camel & Se5’s in their inventory.  The rest will whatever,, hmmmm ask for what exactly?   Whatever.  Just kidding.  Remember The red Barron was shot down by ground infantry fire.  Read the details gents.  Romancing the after the account facts are reassuring. 

I need a one off Gotha like?  Or an or exacerbated oil canned skinned Lanc thirty years past it’s prime, like?   Well Please.  Whatever.  Well past prime, well done on the BBQ after the fact.  Seriously no. Looks great in the Imperial War Museum not in war time prestige kept service.  

We need a Damn B -26 Marauder.  F-102.  106. B-58 or that bat winged Vulcan beast.   The Lanc was a good after thought in theory. Any British twin would be more welcomed. ANY Brit twin!  Please don’t go down the TSR or the Canadian Avro whatever.  Please?  So many Brit twins i want to see.  

R..I P. WNW.   

Put the bottle down, step away from the bottle.........

4 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

I must of missed it i dont see any post by Richard Alexander i only one person saying “he said this”.

If i did feel free to correct me i just see Dave W discussing an email thats supposed to come from him. Its not published in its entirety and until PJ or RA make a public statement its just chat on the internet.

Why would the head of an organization spread its demise second and third hand rather than issue an official statement?

Ill wait for something more official and concrete than second and third hand unverified discussion off unpublished unsigned emails and conspiracy theories.

Trust me im a journalist...mmmmm no ill happily wait for the facts on whats happening from those that matter.

So basically -  it's all a conspiracy?

I bought the four WWI kits I most wanted when they came out, but it's not really my main period of interest. Which isn't to say that I may want others at some time in the future.

Not to mention what to decide about the Lancaster. WNW have certainly brought a welcome shot of top quality to the model airplanes table and have made a major contribution in demonstrating what can be done.

But it may be that we really have no idea what the world will look like after this pandemic. Most expectations are for a temporary hiatus with a swift or only slightly delayed return to business as usual. Such wishes may prove as optimistic as wishing for a week of Christmasses heralded by herds of unicorns. At this point in the cycle of such a socially destructive disease nobody knows yet which way things will go until a vaccine appears. Who and what companies can survive until then is the 64K question.

2 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

The rest of us mortals will smirk at the seven or eight Fokker D VII ‘s and the many Albatross in the inventory.....

...then there's the 20 or 30 other guys with seven or eight DVIIs which shrinks their value to who knows what.

WnWs is a niche market within a niche market.  1/32 (least popular of the popular scales) models of mostly

subjects nobody ever heard of. It's a wonder they're making any money as these obscure subjects are getting

more and more obscure.

If PJ wanted out he could turn it over to the employees and let them pay him off over time. I'm thinking they're

just running out of gas and they can see that the writing is on the wall unless they expand to other subjects.

Besides , grim doesn't mean dead .... yet.

20 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

So basically -  it's all a conspiracy?

Just the usual speculation built around a handful of words uttered by Richard Alexander. As proven many times, reality seldom matches the interpretation given by some to Richard's words. Remember how some misinterpreted Richard's words to mean "WNW will never do WWII subjects", "WNW will never do a Fokker Triplane", "sold-out WNW kits will never be reissued" or "WNW will never do French subjects"? 
Richard is not a cult leader (even though some treat him as such). His words are not set in stone. He may even be mistaken. He may have said those things in confidence to someone who should have known better. Let us wait for an official announcement. This may turn out to be true, but it may also turn out to be a giant misunderstanding. 

Radu 

6 minutes ago, Radub said:

Just the usual speculation built around a handful of words uttered by Richard Alexander. As proven many times, reality seldom matches the interpretation given by some to Richard's words. Remember how some misinterpreted Richard's words to mean "WNW will never do WWII subjects", "WNW will never do a Fokker Triplane", "sold-out WNW kits will never be reissued" or "WNW will never do French subjects"? 
Richard is not a cult leader (even though some treat him as such). His words are not set in stone. He may even be mistaken. He may have said those things in confidence to someone who should have known better. Let us wait for an official announcement. This may turn out to be true, but it may also turn out to be a giant misunderstanding. 

Radu 

I place this well, well beyond "usual speculation". Yes, we speculate about what model will be launched next, prices, availability, colours etc.

I can't remember anything remotely as shocking as a 12 year old model company, with 75 odd LSP's in its repertoire from a base of zero, suddenly cease trading, especially so when that company is backed up by a very, very wealthy enthusiast?

It's all very strange. Remember, WNW managed to kit many, many models, without us getting a sniff of what was happening. We would only know when it appeared on the website, ot a trade show. It would be most odd for an organisation with security of information like that would casually let slip - via more than one source - that they'll cease trading pretty soon. It's just not the culture.

2 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

I can't remember anything remotely as shocking as a 12 year old model company, with 75 odd LSP's in its repertoire from a base of zero, suddenly cease trading,

When did WNW "cease trading"?

Radu