Beaufighter patterns...

Derek B

Thor beat me too it! Derek, I suggest you keep the internal parts seperate, or at least make some sub-masters from them before you make a complete fuselage with them. I would not be too keen on using resin in such thin sections over such a large area as a beafighter fuselage half (or even a part thereof!) I'd be scared it would move sometime in the future. I'd be sharpening my elbows to get in the queue for the seperate internal parts, but I think I'd pass on a big single casting like that....

Tim P

I agree with both Thor and Rob on their ideas. The floor would be great to have so we can work on the interior details first and allow you time to crank out the external bits to compliment the majestic Beaufighter from the inside out.

Derek, I too have a torpedo plane, and would prefer the "partials" as oppossed to the whole. I think that will yield more flexibility all around, most especially with regard to finances.

Hey Derek, we're all asking for this puppy politely. We simply don't possess your raw talent Mate. A huge response here, eh?

You should be hearing the LSP masses saying; Derek, Derek, Derek!

The mire mortals are chanting. .....I'm just saying.

Kindest regards,

Troy

Id agree with your non-mortal like talent Derek!

I think that this thread getting dug up after all this time, and the response its garnered, and considering the Revell offering is the only Beau game in town, should tell you there is some seemingly very strong interest, and a potential money maker in some BF upgrades.

:D

I would settle for just the bent tails... and some scoops for the engine nacelle....Round and square...... That would make a nice enough after I scibe it and add a few parts to the pilots officce.

The tailplane I have covered. The intakes are engine (and cowl) specific - I'll have to check them out - thanks Rob.

Derek

Thank you all for your thoughts and input - it has been extremely useful to me and I am grateful for this.

I shall proceed along the lines of my original plan. I shall have to resurrect this build as soon as I have my next patterns out of the way (the SG 500 and some P-40/B-25 tyres/wheels). I shall then re-ssess where I am with the Beaufighter.

From memory, I am at the stage where I need to add all of the plumbing along the starboard side of the fuselage interior. I also have more detail work to add to the floor (aircrew entrance hatch details mostly). Once this is all added, I think it is probably about ready for casting as basic detail sets, but we'll see when I can get my head around it again!

Many thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek B

I have spent a lot of time reshaping my fuselage to what it should be. This has involved a fair bit of addition and a fair bit of removal to get the shapes pretty much right . Maybe your innards would fit still as I have not hacked into the insides as yet, and don't believe I will need to. I doubt many others will bother doing this work, but for me it is important, even if I never finish anything (lol). Basically the kit is a bit of a dog, and it is a shame Wing XL did not deliver as we all hoped.

Greg