Beaufighter patterns...

Derek B

Hi Dave,

Thanks. It shall probably be available sometime during spring 2007.

Derek

Derek,any idea when this might be available?I would definitly make room on the work bench right away for that one.Excellent work mate...cheers

Beautiful work, Derek, I can see why you've had little time for your other modeling activities. That's really top-notch.

Jean

P.S. If someday you decide to resume your long-neglected Spit XVI build, some of us shan't be too disappointed :D

:D :) :lol: ...I know Jean, it haunts me continuously...

Thanks for the nice comments on the Beaufighter interior. Once I get chance to re-group and clear the pre-Modelworld carnage that is my excuse for a modelling table, I'll dig the Spitfire out for a little 'R & R' inbetween making master patterns :lol:

Best regards

Derek

Jean

P.S. If someday you decide to resume your long-neglected Spit XVI build, some of us shan't be too disappointed :lol:

• 2 years later...

Sorry if you have anserd this before but i cant read most of the early pages for some reason. I have tried to refresh the pages but it has not worked. My question is are you allowed to say who is going to release this set? Will you tackle the engines to? how about wheel bays?

Brian: Thank you for the compliments - Nice to hear from you again :)

Harv: This interior detail set has been a long time in coming, and I know many of you are eager for it. Despite the fact that I am battling very hard to complete my commitment to other peoples master patterns, and the fact that I have an incredibly hectic work and home life, I shall complete the Beaufighter patterns in due course, so I thank you all for your continuing paitience. Apart from the interior detail set WIP that you see, I do have many other things planned for the Beaufighter, including a full TF.X conversion, dihedral tailplanes, 'Hedghog' exhausts, undercarriage detail sets, early canopy and maybe engine cowlings as well, just to mention a few (I cannot possibly compete with Sergi's (Vector Models) masterpiece of resin craftsmanship in his 1/32 resin Hercules engines).

Ollie: Sorry that you could not view my earlier posts (I can't reall understand why - maybe some of the LSP staff can offer you more advice on this one?). Although I cannot predict a release date for these patterns as yet, my intention is to release them under my own brand name.

Dave: I also am hopeful - thanks for the support.

Derek

Drek,

I can only echo what has already been said. Superb craftsmanship and attention to detail...maybe you can teach me how to make scissor links...I...(ahem)...suck at it :)

Great work...

Best

Geoff

Dave: Thank for the unworthy comments - I am still gobsmacked by your amazing P-51 build (we can talk scissor links any time you want to Dave!:lol:).

Cees: After viewing your 0/400 build, it feel like it is I who am the student learning from the master! The Welkin is sitting next to the Beaufighter pattern - and has progressed about as far, meaning not at all. I need to clear my modelling space at some future point in time in order start sanding the Welkin wings to shape.

Cheers guys

Derek