Beaufighter patterns...

Derek B

Thank you all for your thoughts and input - it has been extremely useful to me and I am grateful for this.

I shall proceed along the lines of my original plan. I will have to ressuirrect this build as soon as I have my next patterns out of the way (the SG 500 and some P-40/B-25 tyres/wheels). I shall then re-ssess where I am with the Beaufighter.

From memory, I am at the stage where I need to add all of the plumbing along the starboard side of the fuselage interior. I also have more detail work to add to the floor (aircrew entrance hatch details mostly). Once this is all added, I think it is probably about ready for casting as basic detail sets, but we'll see when I can get my head around it again!

Many thanks

Derek

Excellent! I'd love for you to give me an excuse to work on my Beaufighter! I have a dream....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Beaufighter_%28AWM_OG0001%29.jpg

I'll only add my voice to this shared standpoint: go on with the original project and... do not ask us to wait up to 2020. The longest we wait, the less numerous we will be....!

:lol: Where is the OAP icon when you need one!

Derek

Derek, my friend, you KNOW I'm (patiently) waiting for ANY Beau upgrades. Have been for years, it seems.....Harv

Yes, I know Harv. If I had nothing else to do, you would have had them by now (unfortunately, life, work and other committments leave me precious little time to do anything) - ultimately, all the work I do is for you guys; I do not have the luxury of modelling for my own pleasure any longer.

I am not even certain that the Beaufighter shells will even cast properly at this stage? (they are quite thin) If not, then I may have to consider out sourcing them elsewhere, which will cost more, but may be more successful...anyway, that is for me to worry about when the time comes?

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Yes, I know Harv. If I had nothing else to do, you would have had them by now (unfortunately, life, work and other committments leave me precious little time to do anything) - ultimately, all the work I do is for you guys; I do not have the luxury of modelling for my own pleasure any longer.

I am not even certain that the Beaufighter shells will even cast properly at this stage? (they are quite thin) If not, then I may have to consider out sourcing them elsewhere, which will cost more, but may be more successful...anyway, that is for me to worry about when the time comes?

Cheers

Derek

I hope you relies that all of us here DO understand this. I for one, am very appreciative of all you do. I know it will take time, and I'm sure you will succeed . I think (thanks to this thread) you relies that this is very sought after addition to a great model that MANY of us love and have in our stash, just waiting for something like this to happen. I will support you in this endeavor any way I can. You are a trusted friend and I think you can count on many for help and in the end you'll make lots of money ! Hows that for a cheer up ?...........Harv

I hope you relies that all of us here DO understand this. I for one, am very appreciative of all you do. I know it will take time, and I'm sure you will succeed . I think (thanks to this thread) you relies that this is very sought after addition to a great model that MANY of us love and have in our stash, just waiting for something like this to happen. I will support you in this endeavor any way I can. You are a trusted friend and I think you can count on many for help and in the end you'll make lots of money ! Hows that for a cheer up ?...........Harv

No problems Harv - it was not self-pity on my side, just the frustration of not been in a position to do more for you all. I have made many friends here on LSP (yourself included) whom have both encouraged and supported me either with kind words or reference materials and models - all of which I am extremely grateful for, otherwise, I would not have been able to produce half of what I have so far through Eclipse Model Design.

Although in reality - and necessity - EMD is not much more than a hobby for me at present, one day, I hope that it will turn out into something much bigger. As most of you may be aware, I try to make my products as accurate as possible, which takes a long time for me to research - this adds to any delays. I also try to make my products user friendly, but at the same time, easy for the casters to reproduce...I too am a modeller and I try to think about how others will have to work with my creations.

So Harvey, I am very grateful to you and all of the other LSP members for your help and paitience.

Best regards

Derek

Derek,

Yes, you have made many friends on LSP, but.........

I have spent weeks working on the interior of my Beau and now you are going to work on your set again.

:doh: :fight:

Ok ok, I know

:party0023:

Let's see who's is finished first.

Cees

No sweat there Cees - Ithink that I already know the answer to that one! :lol:

I have been watching your build and it is fantastic - keep up the excellent work :goodjob:

Cheers

Derek

Any chance of having those produced now as a set of their own?

D

Hi D.

I didn't mean to mislead you, I have them covered in the sense that I have them roughed out in shape and size, but not finished. These are not modified parts but scratch built items from solid plastic - a necessity when making master patterns I'm afraid. They are also four part items (separate elevators and horizontal(ish) tailplanes).

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Am with Derek on the time it takes to make masters - have had a rude awaikening to this with my Lightning project... :frantic:

Iain

As Iain is learning, making master patterns for production is a whole different ball game to modifying or scratch building parts for a normal kit build or conversion! :wacko:

Derek