Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

17 hours ago, vince14 said:

The likelihood of Tamiya releasing a Fokker Dr.I - in any scale, let alone 1/32 - is somewhat similar to my chances of being the first man to walk on Mars.

So what where the odds of Tamiya doing a Dewoitine 520 or Sturmovik?

You seem to forget Tamiya release what Tamiya want.

5 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

So what where the odds of Tamiya doing a Dewoitine 520 or Sturmovik?

You seem to forget Tamiya release what Tamiya want.

Tamiya released their first plastic model kit in 1960, and as far as I can recall they've never kitted a pre-WWII aircraft in any scale. I haven't forgotten that Tamiya do indeed release what they want, but in sixty years they've never, ever shown any interest in WWI aircraft. Why would that change now?

Edited by vince14

On 4/26/2020 at 5:34 AM, LSP_Mike said:

They have done iconic aircraft of WWII Britain, Japan and the US. Early and late of each as it were( except the B Mustang)

A 109E and G6 would fit that niche nicely; an FW 190A8 and D9 would be icing on the cake.

A 109 would certainly be a good seller, and I love the 109 so I'm not going to join the 'oh-no-not-another-109' choir... but E and G are done well by others, but it is beyond me why the F is so badly represented in 32nd ?? Hasegawa's fine but rather old that is sometimes in production, sometimes not... Trump's F are not really F's anyway... If Tamiya did a 109F I think i'd shed a tear... and the go bankrupt...

Overall - strange that we get a lot of rather exotic planes but some of the obvious are badly represented - Bf109F and P-51B springs to mind...