Trumpeter F4F-4 of the Cactus Air Force

ChuckD

Good evening, everyone.  Ready for inspection is my effort at a 1/32 Trumpeter F4F-4 as based on Guadalcanal.  The build is OOB except for a seatbelt I added from the spares box and speaker wire ignition harnesses.  The high point of this kit is the engine.  It is extremely well-engineered, goes together well, and paints up to a very nice piece.  The only thing really lacking is a wiring harness, but that's easy enough to do.  I left the cockpit closed as virtually nothing is visible from the outside once you put the two fuselage halves together.  The low point of the kit are the wings and their fit.  The simple fact is that they just don't fit.  Not together as in upper/lower, nor do they fit well with respect to the the wing/fuselage join.  I say this even after foregoing all of the wing swing mechanisms and instead gluing the inner & outer wing sections together before joining the upper & lower halves.  Oh well.  Despite this, the stubby little fighter that stood toe to toe with Japan's best for the first 18 months or so of the war turned out pretty well.

5o3VGDA.jpg

0r8c2Ui.jpg

WAncfnx.jpg

o6oROD1.jpg

YxCXGjv.jpg

3ye6Szz.jpg

xN90OJ7.jpg

o27yOIg.jpg

JpMztxd.jpg

cjBqiqC.jpg

Edited by Gewehr 43