Jump to content

bcauchi

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    3,301
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About bcauchi

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

394 profile views
  1. bcauchi

    1/32 WNW Albatros D.V Richthofen

    Outstanding work so far especially the wood grain finish.
  2. Outstanding work sir. Building a VAC is a true challenge only surpassed by scratchbuilding. Your work is amazing.
  3. bcauchi

    Gulf War Tornado

    Lovely detail work
  4. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Glad you like it Kev. One of my favourites. The dio turned out nice. Mostly experimental. First time I did concrete and rain water puddles.
  5. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Final pics for this build. Here is the complete Dragon model in a small diorama. It depicts a break for the ground crew about to affect an engine change after some rainfall.
  6. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Thanks for the heads up, will check my references again. Have a couple of wartime photos of this bird which Martin himself had sent me and I will check if it was there. If not it is easy to remove. This is an old model and I really don't remember such details. Thanks again
  7. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    thanks for looking and for your comments
  8. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Here is the finished revell model Hope you like it. Will post photos of the finished Dragon model another time.
  9. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    some more bits and pieces before the painting started. Brand new engine just out of the crate. It would be supported on c-channels to be taken out of the crate and moved around Note also the temporary legs bolted to the exhaust outlets. Painting beginsScratchbuilt antenna mounts for the revell G4. the actual antennae are from Master. That's all as far as the build goes, next photos will be of the finished birds.
  10. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Kev you are right, I put in the spring just to give the leg the shape.. It was then filled in with putty and sprayed and presto looked like the booth.
  11. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    If i remember correctly the metal legs were from SAC. I just cleaned them up a bit and polished them.
  12. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Thanks for your comments, i must admit it was the most difficult and fiddly part of the build.
  13. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Wheel wells next. Had to buy some metal legs for the revell bird. the kit parts were total crap. Put in the spring Everything is now primed. Wheel well doors are made from aluminium sheet hammered into shape since the kit parts were totally off and too small and thick. comparing the parts from the dragon kit to mine. thats all for the wings and undercarriage bays. The closing method of the wheel bay doors was pretty complicated with a cable system which pulled both doors shut. I think that this was by far the most time consuming part of the build.
  14. bcauchi

    A tale of two Bf110's

    Detailing the Dragon Engine. One will be exposed and the other engine just taken out of its packing crate. Next up, work on the revell wings. That's the main work done to the wings. Next update will deal with the wheel wells.
×