1/32 KH T-28C in plaid!

b757captain

Hi guys,

I finally got the KH T-28 finished. I was somewhat overwhelmed with the color/decal options in the kit and at the same time underwhelmed at the options. I settled on the target tug scheme but during the painting process I kept thinking there are so many different colors it's like painting plaid!

The kit: Built straight from the box with a few additions/changes. I added the G Factor gear and fixed what I thought were the two biggest visual failures of the kit. One was to fix the flaps when in the down positions. Most photos I found  showed the flaps down on the ground for pilot access to the cockpit. KH did not offer a flap down option and if done the kit setup with the flaps down is completely wrong. I did a write-up on this here: https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/76309-kh-t-28-flap-fix-not-a-full-build-thread/&tab=comments#comment-1067220

Second was to fix the forward canopy orientation when posed open. The real aircraft has very prominent tubular rails for the canopy slides on both the forward and rear canopies. KH depicts these rather anemically on the cockpit sidewalls. on the full size aircraft the forward canopy leading edge is angled up when open whereas KH will have it flat. So, a little work with some plastic rod and all fixed. I don't think I got the canopy angled up enough but to my eye it looks much better.

The rest of the kit is a good build with a few foibles noted on other guys' builds. Paints are Tamiya and Mr. Color throughout and the kit decals went on very nicely. I never could definitively determine if this paint scheme  had the protective paint on the fuselage to cover exhaust stains so instead I just depicted exhaust stains. Kinda hard to tell the difference!

On to the pics:

WdhCEgs.jpg

HujBqpz.jpg

AkcKnFa.jpg

z9J9tEY.jpg

sSQxbNf.jpg

64nbKwx.jpg

More to come,

Thanks!

Mark

On 9/19/2018 at 9:15 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Beautiful build, Mark!

Kev

Thanks Kev!

On 9/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Super nice! It's a great fitting kit in general, with some minor niggles.

Well done!

Thanks Brian!

On 9/19/2018 at 10:32 PM, LSP_Ron said:

Excellent work Mark

Thanks Ron!