Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


b757captain last won the day on January 18

b757captain had the most liked content!

About b757captain

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Without going into shape details or discrepancies because I'm not an expert on the A-26/B-26 but one thing immediately struck my eye. The engines are 7 cylinders per row aka R-2600 - I am pretty sure the Invader had R-2800s, 9 cylinders per row. I'll still get one, fix all the problems and maybe even buy replacement engines. Good, bad or otherwise it's probably the only Invader we'll ever see in 1/32. Cheers, Mark
  2. Thanks Dude! I couldn't resist on the scheme since the 2-seater only has one actual scheme. Gotta get creative!
  3. Thanks! Mottling was done by hand using MM RLM 75 thinned to about 30/70 and really low air pressure to minimize the overspray/spatter. Oh, and a pair of magnifying specs and a few stiff drinks!
  4. Thanks Michael! My opinion - the detail is far better with the ZM kit and assembly is very straightforward. A very pleasant build! Thanks Kev! Thanks Mozart!
  5. Thanks Gazz! The base is 76, mottling with 75.
  6. Thanks Brian! Thanks Ray! Thanks Mike! It was not the easiest, but easier to freehand then a multi-color mask job. Just tedious.
  7. Hi gents, Recently finished the ZM Do-335 A12 2-seater. I gotta say, after having built the HK 335 that the ZM beats it hands-down! The detail differences in what can be seen - and what can't be seen - is night and day. Built straight from the box except for the ZM-supplied PE instrument panels. The fit and finish is superb though a thorough read of the instruction manual is a must! The only problem I can see (and ZM might supply this) is a lack of weight to hold the nose down. I planned to keep the front engine cowled up so a strategic deletion of some of the engine and gun bay parts left plenty of space for weight. It is a bit wobbly on the gear so I probably should have splurged on metal gear. Other than that a very pleasant build. For markings I decided that the one and only scheme just didn't do it for me, so I opted for a what-if Luft 46 motif. Assuming that had the airplane reached extended active service it would have been utilized as a day/night interdiction fighter bomber, trainer and jack-of-all-trades, I wnent with a night bomber scheme and a mix of decals, national markings from ZM and aircraft number from the spares box. Weathering was kept light, just a wash to dirty things up a little. On to the pics: Thanks for looking! Mark
  8. From an esthetic perspective, I could do better with an etch-a-sketch. From an engineering perspective, I wonder about the rumored frameless monocoque chassis. Although techincally unibody vehicles could be considered semi-monocoque they have never been able to get away from having front and rear subframes - the chassis simply cannot support the loads without emulating a pretzel. Maybe Tesla found a way but I have my doubts. If this is the case and the chassis is fully monocoque I wonder how it will pass crash tests. Or be repairable after a crash. From a usability perspective lets see how it actually does when tasked with actual truck chores (I don't consider a tug-of-war to be an actual truck duty ). Hook a loaded stock trailer behind it and see how it does up a hill (of course the base models from the big 3 these days probably wouldn't do very well either but at least they still offer drivetrain options that make them traditional trucks). I did tons of research a few years ago on electric power (for my sailboat) and finally determined that the only way it was feasible was by using a fuel cell. No matter what chemistry the batteries used they just can't store the energy that a fuel tank does. I'll leave the rest of the electric/ICE debate to the 1000's of websites out there but for me - it's a nope! Cheers, Mark
  9. My first flight instructor was retired USAF - remarkable career, P-51s at the tail end of WWII, Edwards test pilot including XB-70, two tours in Vietnam, finished up testing the F-15. He told me that back in the mid 50s he had a chance to buy surplus P-51s for $1500. His wife wouldn't let him. Bummer . . .
  10. I've got the second one you pictured, without the air tank. It runs more often (though will build pressure and shut off) and it's so quiet you can barely hear it cycle on over the sound of air passing though the airbrush. Just my .02c worth
  • Create New...