Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

8 hours ago, JeffH said:

I have the joy of seeing that under the hood of my 2003 SL500. The upside is they had such quality problems during that period the resurrected MB give (original) owners from that era 20% off parts and labor to get things fixed right and use authentic MB parts. 

Wait...  Milton Bradley makes parts for the SL500??

Gaz

I take a couple days off and now we have 10 pages of wonderful LSP Fw-190 banter.  Amazing.   It’s summer time for you northern hemisphere types.  Shouldn’t you guys be outside working on a kit right now?  Sporting some epic sunglasses, a cold sweating beverage of choice next to you, perhaps a little music going on?  

You guys and gals should be enjoying yourselves outside and give the poor HK FW a rest.  A rainy fall and miserably cold winter is almost around the corner!   

Just kindly saying.  

17 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I take a couple days off and now we have 10 pages of wonderful LSP Fw-190 banter.  Amazing.   It’s summer time for you northern hemisphere types.  Shouldn’t you guys be outside working on a kit right now?  Sporting some epic sunglasses, a cold sweating beverage of choice next to you, perhaps a little music going on?  

You guys and gals should be enjoying yourselves outside and give the poor HK FW a rest.  A rainy fall and miserably cold winter is almost around the corner!   

Just kindly saying.  

It was 104 F today, not exactly modeling weather.  My garage is an oven!

I'm with the Mikester; I have to open my garage to ventilate when painting and the heat and threatening rain have the humidity a bit high. That and the freaking mosquitoes put me off modeling during the day.

Also a bit too sad to model today after the Dragon DS plastic discussion at armorama.com, where many of us are discovering the disintegration of that crap is Italeri rubber tires all over again. The wheel well inserts to my Dragon Bf 109-E4B have become brittle and broke into pieces. Can't even think about all the track I have to eventually replace. I bet all the bobbleheads they make are perfect, though. Priorities and all.

25 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Also a bit too sad to model today after the Dragon DS plastic discussion at armorama.com, where many of us are discovering the disintegration of that crap is Italeri rubber tires all over again. The wheel well inserts to my Dragon Bf 109-E4B have become brittle and broke into pieces. Can't even think about all the track I have to eventually replace. I bet all the bobbleheads they make are perfect, though. Priorities and all.

Are you saying that Dragon's plastic has a poor "shelf life", and disintegrates like the cheap foreign car plastic trim parts do? 

55 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

I'm with the Mikester; I have to open my garage to ventilate when painting and the heat and threatening rain have the humidity a bit high. That and the freaking mosquitoes put me off modeling during the day.

I had he exact same issues with the DS on my own '109E, emailed Dragon and they sent replacements at no charge, and fast too.

1 hour ago, Gigant said:

Are you saying that Dragon's plastic has a poor "shelf life", and disintegrates like the cheap foreign car plastic trim parts do? 

Just the DS stuff they replaced the track links with, and a few other random pieces. It's a soft plastic, sort of like they make action figures out of.

1 hour ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I had he exact same issues with the DS on my own '109E, emailed Dragon and they sent replacements at no charge, and fast too.

Was that recently? A lot of people were complaining that Dragon has opted out of customer service for the most part, and have been sending equally bad replacements or accusing people of trying to scam free parts.

4 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Was that recently? A lot of people were complaining that Dragon has opted out of customer service for the most part, and have been sending equally bad replacements or accusing people of trying to scam free parts.

It was a few month back, I guess, when I was plugging away on my E-4.

• 3 months later...