Kitty Hawk has announced an Fw 190A-5

LSP_Kevin

That edited quote is exactly like something Maxwell Smart would hear. :lol:. I find it almost amazing that my mum, myself, my kids  all love that show. It just seems to have a level of appeal that cross generations. Very cool. My daughters basketball singlet number is 98.  We tried for 99...for obvious reasons of course.;)

Guest Maxim

I have yet to find the perfect kit as I'm always likely to make a mistake when building and then it doesn't become a perfect kit but the same as any other kit I build.:BANGHEAD2: If I like a certain kit I'll buy it warts and all. Give me a 70% accurate F-111 and I'd buy a dozen of them!

1 minute ago, Maxim said:

I have yet to find the perfect kit as I'm always likely to make a mistake when building and then it doesn't become a perfect kit but the same as any other kit I build.:BANGHEAD2: If I like a certain kit I'll buy it warts and all. Give me a 70% accurate F-111 and I'd buy a dozen of them!

I think most of us fit into that category. I suspect life's a lot happier in that space. Our personal expectations of other people or manufacturing companies standards of production (whether they be realistic or not) don't get in the way of us enjoying the hobby. Mostly because it is a hobby and largely for fun, even if the fun is in a bit of a challenge or chore (filling divots :lol:)

Mind you...if I was having a General anesthetic I'd want someone who had extraordinarily high standards of knowledge, dedication, and skill. That's a vocation that would attract people that set high expectations. Ditto for my profession, Dentistry.  Get it wrong...people die. Not so much in modelling.

Matty

15 minutes ago, Maxim said:

5 minutes ago, LSP_Matt said:

I think most of us fit into that category. I suspect life's a lot happier in that space. Our personal expectations of other people or manufacturing companies standards of production (whether they be realistic or not) don't get in the way of us enjoying the hobby. Mostly because it is a hobby and largely for fun, even if the fun is in a bit of a challenge or chore (filling divots :lol:)

Mind you...if I was having a General anesthetic I'd want someone who had extraordinarily high standards of knowledge, dedication, and skill. That's a vocation that would attract people that set high expectations. Ditto for my profession, Dentistry.  Get it wrong...people die. Not so much in modelling.

Matty

... and that about sums it up, really. 

We're never going to get the ultimate, uber-accurate kit from anyone.

Where we have a choice of manufacturers in regard to a certain subject we like - we will tend buy according to our preferences (whatever those may be).

Where the subject in question is provided by only one manufacturer - the tendency will be to grab it regardless of issues.

The only caveat being - again - our own personal parameters whether they are accuracy, engineering etc ... against our time, skill, exasperation levels.

If there was ever an F-111 kitted in 1/32 with Australian markings ... I'd be all-in ... and I don't normally go for jets.

Rog :)

1 minute ago, Artful69 said:

If there was ever an F-111 kitted in 1/32 with Australian markings ... I'd be all-in ... and I don't normally go for jets.

100%

I purchased a few caps for my daughters at the Tyabb Airshow one year.

No 2 daughter loves her Aussie Pig Driver F111 cap.  Still an awesome aircraft.

Matty

19 minutes ago, LSP_Matt said:

100%

Matty

As a kid I used to see Macchi jets and Mirages flying out of Pearce ...

Kev advises that there's a Macchi on the way in '32 ... albeit a resin kit.

... and I've been tempted to pull the trigger on the Mirage for a while ... a Pig would be a lovely incentive to start on an all-Aussie line up.

1 hour ago, LSP_Matt said:

100%

Matty

I'd probably have to pony up for an F-111, were one ever released.

But lets say we stay in rhe mind set that KH is making a 190 has a milk cow to fund other non mainstram kits. What other kit could they have used for this. 

Im saying p-51b/c. But maybe its less work to do a kit that exist because you have reference plus some forum have those "fix list" of a specific kit that you could kust read an implement these fixes in your own molds

If Tan Model do come through with the 1/32 F-111A/E you have the basis for a 1970s F-111C, as it shares the same cockpit, ECS venting, engines, fuselage and the A's TP1 inlets. 

You'll just need to sub FB variant longer wings & beefier MLG hubs/brakes.

For a 1980s C you'll need the recce pallet or F-type Pave Tack pod/cradle and  for the 1990s+ you'll need the AUP digital cockpit which was similar to the A/E AMP mods.

So, a big Pig is not a complete outsider - though I'd love to see Tan Model's Sea Flanker and Buccaneer in this life first, as they are at least in ethereal CAD form. 

P-51B couldn't be a KH cash cow, surely? Just one type. With the Butcher Bird they can offer multiple variants and boxings with a few newly tooled bits + decals & packaging and undercut ZM. And I'm actually wondering if ZM hasn't cooled on the Fw 190 in favour of 1/48 McDonnell-Douglas F-4 golden egg laying geese which can cross-subsidise tooling of the Toryu. 

I'm still hoping for the KH Jaguars, Streak and Flash but am no longer waiting. 

Tony

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

If Tan Model do come through with the 1/32 F-111A/E you have the basis for a 1970s F-111C, as it shares the same cockpit, ECS venting, engines, fuselage and the A's TP1 inlets. 

You'll just need to sub FB variant longer wings & beefier MLG hubs/brakes.

For a 1980s C you'll need the recce pallet or F-type Pave Tack pod/cradle and  for the 1990s+ you'll need the AUP digital cockpit which was similar to the A/E AMP mods.

So, a big Pig is not a complete outsider - though I'd love to see Tan Model's Sea Flanker and Buccaneer in this life first, as they are at least in ethereal CAD form. 

P-51B couldn't be a KH cash cow, surely? Just one type. With the Butcher Bird they can offer multiple variants and boxings with a few newly tooled bits + decals & packaging and undercut ZM. And I'm actually wondering if ZM hasn't cooled on the Fw 190 in favour of 1/48 McDonnell-Douglas F-4 golden egg laying geese which can cross-subsidise tooling of the Toryu. 

I'm still hoping for the KH Jaguars, Streak and Flash but am no longer waiting. 

Tony

Tan Model? never gonna happen.

KH: FW 190A-5: cash cow, maybe, if they beat ZM to the punch and are seriously cheaper. And Tamiya is not jumping in the race...

A link to the ZM efforts, dates back from 2014 (rumours in 2012!!) and I think it indeed has something to do with the F-4 Series in 48-scale. Those are quite spectacular (I think). 

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2860-z-m-fw-190-series-in-132/

Exactly, so from ZM we get a 1/32 Ki-45 Toryu and the long-nosed 1/48 F-4E, F and G Phantoms.

Maybe a new RF-4 series too if we're lucky.

That leaves Revell, Hasegawa and Kitty Hawk to fight it out over the 1/32 Fw 190 kits.

Let them get on with it.

I've got to admit that I'm finding 1/48 increasingly attractive again, though prefer the heft of 1/32

TBH, at this stage I'd be more excited about a surprise KH announcement of a Duck, Mystere IV or Etendard

Tony

I've just realised that, in a word with too many LSP's already, it matters not a hoot who decides to make what kit.

In my list of "Stuff to worry about", I've crossed it off entirely & added "soft furnishings' in its place.

And I couldn't care less about soft furnishings. That's the wife's job.

31 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

I've just realised that, in a word with too many LSP's already, it matters not a hoot who decides to make what kit.

I know you are suffering burn-out but still I tend to wonder why another typical example of the single-engined German fighter of the type that has been produced ever since Aurora first brought their 1/48th FW-190 in 1954 myself?

IMHO, if Kitty Hawk is to successfully follow in the "footsteps" of Williams Brothers and later on Hasegawa in 1/32 releases, then they really should focus on subjects not typically available from Revell, Hasegawa (and that I already have in my stash), etc.

As an example, back in the late '60's a popular scale modeling magazine did a survey as to which subjects their readers would like to see the most in 1/32 scale.

They then published their answers and Hasegawa "stepped up to the plate" and in 1971 released their large scale "yellow wings" series starting with the P-12E and F4B-4, and the rest is history.

So why isn't Kitty Hawk listening to us like Hasegawa did nearly 50 years ago?