1/32 Tamiya F4U-1D!

wrbrdmech

I have read that with the rocket armed F4U-1D Corsairs, the undersides of the outer flaps were skinned with metal so the rocket exhaust would not burn the fabric covering.  I haven't looked closely enough at the outer flap (if it's even visible) in the photos to be able to tell whether the flap is fabric on top and metal underneath of just what its surfaces are.

Kevin,

I've heard that, but I'd really like to see at least some serious CAD work, or even better a proto type. 

Joel

It'll come, but they're apparently hard at work on some other stuff. To me, though CAD stuff can be pretty cool, CAD, in and of itself, is no guarantee of an eventual kit release.

It'll come, but they're apparently hard at work on some other stuff. To me, though CAD stuff can be pretty cool, CAD, in and of itself, is no guarantee of an eventual kit release.

Indeed ... they have quite the sizeable planned release list ... the two stage Merlin-ed Mossie next and the Lancaster soon after ...

There's a P.51B, a Ju.52 and a Phantom scheduled for sometime after those, yes? ... Of which we've only seen some CAD work for the Ju.52.

I don't know of anything else slated for release that isn't just rumour (though I wish to god they'd look in the Do.17z direction!!) ... but the P.51B is definitely on.

Rog :)

Um...   so is it just me, or does this photo show a wing sprue with the RN style clipped tip?  It has the RN style nav light, and I don't see any reason for them to have done this otherwise.

Sadly that's the standard wing as per the two other releases, sans wingtips...

If they do some RNZAF Pacific roundels, I hope they don't screw up the colours like last time!!

Perhaps they will ask some of we Kiwi's who know more about it, than some SAGE (Self Appointed Guru Expert)

who gave them the wrong info........ :mental:

Regards

Alan

You mean like these..?   http://www.venturapublications.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=306&zenid=g2rc93athcfcdlud5plqhh4vi5

Here's hoping the kit will be available at the Nats - I'd love to bring one home from Omaha!  I admit to having two birdcages and one -1A -- none of them started -- but I can still dream of the day that the airbrush and I drag at least one of them to the front porch for a bit of quality time!

Cheers,

Dana

It is welcome news, but i admit i was a little surprised. I'd been following Matt McDougalls' blogs for a while and his postings made sense.

One question he posits in his latest blog is "Was the F4U-1D a delaying action?". He speculated that maybe Tamiya had a different subject in the works, which may have been delayed for technical reasons. Given Mr Tamiya's untimely passing, i gotta wonder if it was connected.

Having said that.... I'll buy at least one. i (accidentally) started my third Birdcage Corsair, but i have 2 projects currently in the pipeline, plus 2... possibly 3 unbuilt -1As to work thru.

-d-

The decal company/ SAGE individual I was alluding to was not from New Zealand.

Those Ventura Decals, are what I refer to as getting it right. Incidently Pete Mossong worked with Ventura to get these right,

I consider Pete (who is  Kiwi like me) to be the leading Expert on RNZAF Corsairs especially markings.

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSmodeller