What's your bet on the next 1/24 th Airfix kit ?

Erwin

Excluding repops Airfix have done about ten 1/24 aircraft since 1970 = one per 4.5 years. There have been a lot of cars and an autogyro, so it's just as likely to be the Dr Who Tardis and a Dalek, or a repop of Wallace & Grommit, a new tool Shawn the Sheep or a modern car.

Tony

OK....must have missed a post somewhere,when did Airfix announce they are doing, or are going to do, one or more "brand new" 1/24 scale kits???   :popcorn:

Edited by williamj

I don't think that you've missed a post, but having spoken to the guys at Airfix, there will be more new 1/24 kits in the future. However, probably not at the rapid rate us modellers demand!  :whistle:

Besides, with the way Mossie and Typhoon has sold, they'd be silly not to!

Regards;
Steve

Have they issued a 1/24 Typhoon (WW2) yet in 1/24?

If not, then that is my prediction.

Stephen

That rock you've been under for the past year Stephen seems quite insurmountable to get out from under..................   :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1/24,+typhoon&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=cfRRVeupG8G4sAWV9ICQBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1560&bih=832

hi 

is there any rumors that Airfix intent to product a new 1/24 kit ???? whatever it is ? .So , why don't we get up a petition with our wishes to Airfix ?? after all we are the payer customers.....I think Revell did a time ago something like " what would you like ........................."

Alain

That rock you've been under for the past year Stephen seems quite insurmountable to get out from under..................   :lol:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1/24,+typhoon&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=cfRRVeupG8G4sAWV9ICQBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1560&bih=832

Yes, I have been so busy that I have had very little time to just keep[ up with what is happening.

Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun and building things.

Stephen :shrug:

hi 

is there any rumors that Airfix intent to product a new 1/24 kit ???? whatever it is ? .So , why don't we get up a petition with our wishes to Airfix ?? after all we are the payer customers.....I think Revell did a time ago something like " what would you like ........................."

Alain

Great idea..Airfix do listen to the modeling community..My vote would be brand new Spit Mk1 and 109E3 along the lines and designs of their Typhoon and Mossie.   

HOTCAKES.  

Edited by williamj