What's your bet on the next 1/24 th Airfix kit ?

Erwin

Actually I think Airfix should just start over. 

After some 45 years of faithful surface it is time to retire the existing Spitfire I and bring out a state of the art Mk I.  If longevity is a concern the kit could be engineered to accommodate a  Mk V and even a  Mk XII down the road.  It's nemesis , the Bf 109 needs replacement too .  Both aircraft are well documented with preserved examples available and close at hand.  Both have mass appeal and are perennial best sellers with a fail-safe profits.

I know this will be greeted with scorn by many, but these machines played significant roles in world changing events that echo even to today.  They deserve much better representation in 1/24 scale, and who better than Airfix to do it...

I'd go along with that, especially after showing what they are capable of doing with the Tiffie.

well to answer that question is more than a win in LOTTERY....

Thinking strategic, and looking at the past then...

1. a brit aircraft will be (the list is huge)

2. not a huge one

3. producing a new Version of current 24ths  ??? I don't know.... :shrug:

4. a Jet....(hmm perhaps, it's a Long time since the harrier) :shrug:

5. Lord knows that.... :wicked:

so relax and wait.... :popcorn:  

".................That is IF Airfix decide to continue with their 1/24th range of course. If they do I expect a hefty gap between new issues, certainly based on the time between the Mosquito and the Typhoon..."

Don't know, Mossie was announced 2012, re-issue imminent, Typhoon announced 2013, re-issue in 'car door' format 2016.

Two - Three year gestation, may not make any announcements this year, but NEXT?!!!!!!! :wicked:

Airfix have already said their 'drive' will be primarily Brit manufactured / flown, that gives a reasonable 'pot' to delve into.

My thinking is something completely 'left field', after all, new tool 72nd Defiant, recently announced a follow up in 48th.

Maybe a short nosed Blenheim?

My wish list, fairly short, both jets AND fairly small, either a Gnat or a 'Blunty' (Jet Provost).

Id LOVE to see the box a 1/24th Vulcan would come in

THAT would be a dining table, the 'Tin Triangle' IS a coffee table! :whistle:

I agree

here's my top 3 "bets":

1. Re-tooled Hurricane

2. Re-tooled Spit

3. Re-tooled Bf109

all done to allow as many variants as possible from the one mold. :party0023:

They've slowly been replacing their back catalogue so I think they'd probably be new tools like the new 1/24 Typhoon. 

Actually I think Airfix should just start over. 

After some 45 years of faithful surface it is time to retire the existing Spitfire I and bring out a state of the art Mk I.  If longevity is a concern the kit could be engineered to accommodate a  Mk V and even a  Mk XII down the road.  It's nemesis , the Bf 109 needs replacement too .  Both aircraft are well documented with preserved examples available and close at hand.  Both have mass appeal and are perennial best sellers with fail-safe profits.

I know this will be greeted with scorn by many, but these machines played significant roles in world changing events that echo even to today.  They deserve much better representation in 1/24 scale, and who better than Airfix to do it...

Agreed. Add a P-51D and a Hurricane or two to that list and I'd buy all of them.

Sea Fury

Gladiator

FAA Corsair

Mk XIV Spitfire

actually I don't care what it is, just as long as they keep turning them out in the gentleman's scale  :wub:

Peter

I'd certainly buy a Sea Fury or Corsair. Not sure about the others.

How can you not be sure about a Spitfire XIV??  :hmmm:

Griffon Spits are awesome!!  :punk:

Seriously though, I would love to see the Spitfire Mk I and Bf-109E upgraded to Typhoon standards. It would be amazing! However, it would make my three old Spits and two old 109s that are being heavily scratch built and improved redundant! 

Regards;

Steve

How can you not be sure about a Spitfire XIV??  :hmmm:

Griffon Spits are awesome!!  :punk:

Seriously though, I would love to see the Spitfire Mk I and Bf-109E upgraded to Typhoon standards. It would be amazing! However, it would make my three old Spits and two old 109s that are being heavily scratch built and improved redundant! 

Regards;

Steve

I prefer early Spitfires?