Biggest quantity of one particular kit in the stash?

I will add that I have made the decision to quit duplicates of kits I already have until I build what I want to duplicate that’s in the stash.  I’ve passed up some great deals I’ve seen posted lately.  I’m not getting any younger.  

Doubles in LSP

TRUMPETER

2x TOMCATS f-14D &A

2x TBF(built one)

2x 1/24 Typhoons( buble and car door) although i started the car door and the kit is such a PITA ill probably sell the bubble top

4 P-51D , SWS, Revell, Dragon 1/24 Trumpeter

I don't really like to build the same subject over and over, but there are a few exceptions.  I have about 10 F-4's of various manufacturers - I plan to build each of the available 1/48 kits.  I also have one 1/32 of the Phantom.

There two kits that I do enjoy building again and again and those are the Monogram Voodoo and original Airfix Buccaneer.   I really love those two kits because they're fun to build, look great when finished, and have a large variety of paint schemes.  I have 7 Voodoos (6 Monogram and 1 Kitty Hawk) and 8 Buccaneers (6 original mold and 2 new mold)

9 hours ago, PeterBurns said:

I don't really like to build the same subject over and over, but there are a few exceptions.  I have about 10 F-4's of various manufacturers - I plan to build each of the available 1/48 kits.  I also have one 1/32 of the Phantom.

There two kits that I do enjoy building again and again and those are the Monogram Voodoo and original Airfix Buccaneer.   I really love those two kits because they're fun to build, look great when finished, and have a large variety of paint schemes.  I have 7 Voodoos (6 Monogram and 1 Kitty Hawk) and 8 Buccaneers (6 original mold and 2 new mold)

In my case, I have a number of duplicates as I want to build a variety of types and cover the 'spectrum' of sub-types..

e.g. Spitfire Mk.IX early, late, warbird, 'e' wing etc.,

and I also want to use the kits as a base for conversions e.g. the lovely Laminar Flow Griffon engine Spits - which use the Tamiya, IX, VIII and XVIs as the start point

so whilst I have a large stock of base kits, I have quite diverse plans for them.

Though, I could see myself getting addicted to certain kits and wanting to build them again and again. The Kotare Spitfires fall into that category I think..

In other lesser scales, I've built 6 or 7 Eduard 1:48th Spitfires and at least that many Tamiya 1:48 P-51 B/Ds, as I just love those kits and the way they go together!

Like the OP I too plan ahead for specific aircraft, I prefer themes/collections and various iterations of schemes on same a/c type. So for particular preferred subject I like, I have many of the same kits rather than wide range of subjects.

Although it may not look it, I sold off most of my 1/32 kit stash which made up by far vast majority of my stash in both number and physical size. I got rid of nearly all my post WW2 kits and a lot of WNW kits since I had multiples of nearly everything they released at one time.

For WW2 and earlier, I kept my favorites, so they're all in multiples. The ones in large quantity that make up vast majority of my current 1/32 stash:

• P-51D Mustang (Tamiya)
  • Me 109E (Cyberhobby)
  • Albatros D.V/D.Va (WNW)
  • Fokker D.VII (WNW)

For post WW2, my entire LSP stash is down to only:

• 2x F-16 Falcon (Tamiya)
  • 2x A-6 Intruder (Trumpeter)

At one time I had at least 10x 1/32 A-6 Intruders, 5+ A-4 Skyhawks, 5+ F-4J Phantoms, and 4 or so OV-10A Broncos.

And if counting 1/35 helos:

• H-60 family (Kitty Hawk/Zimi) (glutton for punishment)
Edited by ziggyfoos

21 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Holy moly! 16 B-17s! 3 in 1/32! Where do you put them all when they are finished!?

Kind regards,

Paul

Room is becoming critical, Paul! I’ve given one away to a museum and I still have one in the stash. Another resides in my loft with a number of my 1/32 ‘Heavies’. 

On 4/10/2024 at 2:43 PM, Shoggz said:

As someone who plans ahead with which particular sub-types and individual aircraft he wants to model, I can end up with rather large quantities of certain kits... :wub:

The top three currently stand as:

1) Airfix 1:24 Spitfire Mk.IX - 6 kits

2) Tamiya 1:32 Spitfire Mk.IX - 4 kits

3=)Tamiya 1:32 Spitfire Mk.VIII - 3 kits

3=) Tamiya 1:32 P-51D  - 3 kits

3=) Airfix 1:24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB (Bubble Top) - 3 kits

There are just so many specific aircraft AND conversions to other marks (like the Laminar Flow Griffon versions) that I want to do!

Having said that, I can't imagine I'll ever get to all three of the Typhoon, so I may be looking to off-load one or two of those....

How about you guys and gals?

Well I have had a major think think on the stash over the past month or so and have decided to sell off a majority of the stash and operate on a one out one in policy. Stash will also be limited to a max of 10 kits. In the face of things and photos shown in the past of other peoples kit accumulations I realise my cupboard shelf doesn’t qualify as a hoard or stash anymore but so be it.

Current status

2 x Tamiya P-51D 

2 x Kotare Spitfire Mk.Ia

1 x Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc

Shoggz I could be sorely tempted to take one of those bubble top Typhoons off your list. I am liking 1/24 at the moment.

6 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Shoggz I could be sorely tempted to take one of those bubble top Typhoons off your list. I am liking 1/24 at the moment.

I'll drop you a PM!

— All the available I-16 types by ICM and others (13)

— P-51B and D plus Alison variants (9)

— Bf-109 all variants A to K by various manufacturers including resin and kits plus conversions (29)

— Albatross WNW, Roden (8)

— Ju-88 and conversions 9 variants

I looks like Bf-109E is the maximum for one kit at 9

Edited by Rick Griewski
Forgot the one kit Summary

On 4/13/2024 at 6:50 AM, ade rowlands said:

Well I have had a major think think on the stash over the past month or so and have decided to sell off a majority of the stash and operate on a one out one in policy. Stash will also be limited to a max of 10 kits. In the face of things and photos shown in the past of other peoples kit accumulations I realise my cupboard shelf doesn’t qualify as a hoard or stash anymore but so be it.

Current status

2 x Tamiya P-51D 

2 x Kotare Spitfire Mk.Ia

1 x Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc

I'm in the process (nearly finished) of putting my 1/32 kits in sturdy plastic boxes into the loft, as others a spark has just said "too much". As others photos of their lofts which they could start an online model shop!. My stash is only 1/32 which I think is 10 kits. I'm currently building the 1/32 Italieri Tornado I purchased from you maybe a year ago. After that the Tamiya F-14 which I'm seriously considering will be my last one. But I see your occasional sales and think ooooo, but resisted to date;)