Infinity Vampire on sale at Sprue Brothers for $59.99 (sale now expired)

On 3/24/2024 at 6:25 PM, Rick Griewski said:

Sale price about right for that kit. IMHO

£55 brand new in Britain and I'd consider buying one. Shame Infinity just made the fugly variants and that the flaps set is separate. I would have bought the whole deal with resin extras at full price if it were a T.11 trainer. 

I also can't think of what an FB.3/5 deserves to replace, given I'm cranking-down the stash ceiling. Just too fugly for a jet. 

Tony 

All the Vampires and related are fugly to me also.  But that is the appeal.  Form follows the technology at the time.  The kit has its issues and that is pretty much why I only have one.  

• Archimedes changed the title to Infinity Vampire on sale at Sprue Brothers for $59.99 (sale now expired)

Maybe just the kit is fugly. A T5 like in Temora museum I’d do but this infinity one sounds like a bear. The newish one by Airfix in the everyman’s scale might be the play here. 

I think this is my first short run kit and I understand why folk say it's a challenge. 

It's important to adapt ones build style because it's impossible to simply glue everything up. 

Every part of the kit requires clean up and dry fitting. 

I'm rather glad I've chosen to model a beaten up museum bird. That at least gives me some leeway if the finish ends up rough :lol:

On 3/26/2024 at 6:17 PM, LSP_Ray said:

...except when they are carrying the 3 crowns!!! That is why I got one when they came out.

Or a vampire (bat?) face and a Maple Leaf. That's my pick and the way I'll build mine. 

Edited by BloorwestSiR

20 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Well I'm working on my 2nd Vampire ,it's a challenging build but it's worth it  I think 

Oh gawd, you're making me want one now!

I build drop-together 1:48 as simple leisure but need a regular fight in 1:32.

Tony