25th Anniversary Group Build Announcement!

LSP_Kevin

There has been discussion on the forums lately about running a 25th Anniversary Group Build. To be honest, the fact that 2024 is LSP's 25th birthday completely passed me by. We made a big deal of our 20th Anniversary, and in many ways this is an even bigger deal, so a Group Build to celebrate is a no-brainer.

So, here's the deal. The LSP 25th Anniversary Group Build will run concurrently with other, already planned Group Builds, starting on 1 March 2024, and concluding on 25 December 2024 (finish date chosen for appropriate length and numerical synergy).

The theme will be two-dimensional. Given that this is our Silver Jubilee, the first dimension is simple and obvious: anything silver. Needs no explanation, really. But in the interests of encouraging the broadest possible participation, we're going to include as part of the theme anything that relates to the number 25 - anything. This second dimension is as loose as they come, and if you can justify your selection based on "25", then it's in. This Group Build is designed as a celebration of LSP's longevity and overall success - we've been online longer than Facebook and YouTube, and only one year less than Google. And we'd like to have as many members as possible join that celebration, with as few barriers to entry as possible.

If you have any questions, the answer is probably yes. But ask away all the same!

Kev

Thanks Kev and Mods, good to know, and I’m in for sure with a silver Hawker biplane and/or monoplane….both very close relations. :D  I hope the mutual interest and encouragement that has always been a feature of GBs on LSP (but not necessarily so on other forums!) continues to be evident.

9 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

I think it doesn't even have to fit into one of the categories if it has been sitting on the shelf for 25 years...

:piliot:

And no more than …….25%…….complete! :rolleyes: