Hasegawa P-40N

LSP_K2

Intake pieces now assembled, but will need some minor putty work, so some wonderful Vallejo stuff will come to the rescue there. I'll also round off the intake lips, as per the real deal, which would have been much easier to do before assembling the top and bottom pieces together.

xmC9oN.jpg

18 hours ago, Archimedes said:

HI Kevin

good progress here on a kit that has its challenges! 

Kind regards,

Paul

Indeed it does. Through no fault of the kit itself though, I finally realized that there is an additional ring that goes on the intake front, so rounding off the edges of the pieces above, was a mistake. I may steal the intake pieces from my E kit, as they are identical, and I really want this kit to turn out as good as I can make it, within reason.

Ah, we’ve all done something like that and then realised we need to take a step back! The intake on the P-40 is a particularly interesting affair and it’s not the front that is the bigger challenge but the back :blink:. The shots below  are courtesy of IPMS Stockholm and are of a P-40E so ignore the white tubes on the frontal shot. The last photo is of a P-40N where the tubes are deleted.

Front:

2u3hT0.jpg

Rear

tD1yuZ.jpg

P40-N (note tubes deleted)

7jEuMD.jpg

This peerless build in the link below by Nick Mayhew @nmayhew is excellent and will stop me from running into some of the kit’s quirkier aspects when I get to mine. I hope it may help you too. 

P-40 Build

Kind regards,

Paul

14 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

I built White 21 a few years ago. Note the old style big wheels.
If you are considering building this, I am attaching my article with a reference photo.
Happy modelling

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=3627

Yes, I saw that. Do you recall what specific OD you used, ANA 613 or 41? Thanks.

I was just sorting out my photo collection of P-40s and I noticed that the profile above serial number has a nine at the end and the photo definitely shows an eight. Thought you should know to save embarrassment from eagle eyes in the future.

TRF