Hasegawa P-40N

LSP_K2

42 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

What are you missing from D9 Kev, I can maybe help. 

I'll have to check. One thing I recall, is the wing spar, but I know there's other stuff too. Both provided canopies are also gone.

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'll have to check. One thing I recall, is the wing spar, but I know there's other stuff too. Both provided canopies are also gone.

I've got a partially parted out 190A-8 kit that I purchased to steal a few parts from, so I may have lots of spare parts that could help you out, even though its a different variant. Drop me a PM when you get a chance and we can discuss details.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

21 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

I've got a partially parted out 190A-8 kit that I purchased to steal a few parts from, so I may have lots of spare parts that could help you out, even though its a different variant. Drop me a PM when you get a chance and we can discuss details.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I really appreciate that. I'll prepare a list, probably today.

As I recall that kit gives you the ability to build short and long tail Kittyhawks:  P-40E, K, M, N-1

So the P-40N can be built but not with the squared off rear canopy.  I don't think they included that.

3 hours ago, KUROK said:

As I recall that kit gives you the ability to build short and long tail Kittyhawks:  P-40E, K, M, N-1

So the P-40N can be built but not with the squared off rear canopy.  I don't think they included that.

If the lined-out and changed description on the box top is correct, then the box should contain the parts (& decals?) from this kit:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-08232-p-40n-warhawk-502nd-fighter-squadron--182872

Without pics of the contents, only K2 would know what's actually inside of that box...

D

On 2/14/2024 at 6:41 PM, D Bellis said:

If the lined-out and changed description on the box top is correct, then the box should contain the parts (& decals?) from this kit:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-08232-p-40n-warhawk-502nd-fighter-squadron--182872

Without pics of the contents, only K2 would know what's actually inside of that box...

D

Oh, it's the N, no doubt about it. The instructions show the same box art as what the kit contains.

Thanks,

6 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Oh, it's the N, no doubt about it.

If an N is your goal, you can only build an N-1 with the standard style of canopy from the parts in that boxing.

That kit does not contain the parts for the N-5 and later style canopy. 

While there is a vac N canopy from Falcon, the deck part for under the canopy (E4) is absent, so that part will have to be sourced or the area scratch built. Also, the N-1 left the factory with only 4 guns (outboard pair removed as part of the effort to reduce weight), which the instructions make no mention of. The 6 gun configuration was restored with the -5 and later.

Unless a previous owner threw in the N specific part E4 and the Y sprue at some point?

Otherwise, KUROK is correct that the parts are present for the following:  'short-tail' E, late 'long-tail' K (but not the wide-fin K), M and first-batch N-1

HTH,

D

I forgot to mention that your kit also does not include the N-specific smaller, lightweight main wheels (a problem with Hasegawa's N boxings as well). Only the earlier P-40CU through P-40M wheels are present on Hasegawa's plastic parts.

However, Eduard does make a set of N wheels:

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/brassin/aircraft/1-32/p-40n-wheels-1-32.html

HTH,

D