Hasegawa P-40N

LSP_K2

3 hours ago, D Bellis said:

I forgot to mention that your kit also does not include the N-specific smaller, lightweight main wheels (a problem with Hasegawa's N boxings as well). Only the earlier P-40CU through P-40M wheels are present on Hasegawa's plastic parts.

However, Eduard does make a set of N wheels:

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/brassin/aircraft/1-32/p-40n-wheels-1-32.html

Didn't know anyone made N specific wheels, very cool. 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Didn't know anyone made N specific wheels, very cool. 

Originally exclusive to the Eduard boxing of the Hasegawa P-40N, those wheels only became available as stand-alone products after their reboxed special edition had sold out. 

D

12 hours ago, D Bellis said:

(a problem with Hasegawa's N boxings as well)

I stand corrected. After poking through my N kits, I found the N wheels are indeed included on sprue R. The standard wheels are on sprue S.

Still, the P-40N specific parts on sprues E, R and Y are not included with the kit in question. 

D

On 2/14/2024 at 11:52 AM, Collin said:

I love 1/32 Has P-49 builds....will be watching with much interest.

What markings?

Cheers

Collin

I haven't determined that yet. Assuming this version of the N was used in Africa (and I have no idea right now if that was the case), I may go that route.

On 2/14/2024 at 6:41 PM, D Bellis said:

If the lined-out and changed description on the box top is correct, then the box should contain the parts (& decals?) from this kit:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-08232-p-40n-warhawk-502nd-fighter-squadron--182872

Without pics of the contents, only K2 would know what's actually inside of that box...

D

The kit came from LSP_Ray, and he's quite meticulous about such things. If it were me, the kit might end up having a 1:48 F-101 in it!

On 2/15/2024 at 11:39 AM, Dennis7423 said:

See above.

On 2/22/2024 at 4:13 AM, spyrosjzmichos said:

Was lucky enough to snatch one of Eduard's release of the same kit over at Ebay.

Will be following your build for guidance! ^_^

Do you know what scheme you'll be using from that kit? I rather fancy the shark mouth version, and have some decals (Zotz and fündekals) that I could trade.

5 hours ago, jep1210 said:

Following.

Thanks. I hope I don't disappoint.

37 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looking good Kev!

I love the kit, but I freaking hate where Haswgawa put the seam between the fuselage and the empennage.

Yea, that is rather odd, but apparently there was no natural seam anywhere near there, so they just stuck it in where they wanted.

10 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yea, that is rather odd, but apparently there was no natural seam anywhere near there, so they just stuck it in where they wanted.

Yeah, there is nothing there panel line wise,but was always hoping they would have at least somehow staggered the seam.

It was always just a PITA to get those panel lines back straight.