1/35 B-17G

Grunticus

1 hour ago, quang said:

Like desperados waiting for a train… 1/35 crew is ready. :P

IMG-5052.jpg
IMG-5051.jpg
IMG-5050.jpg

But why one in summer outfits (or hot environment) and the other one in winter (or cold environment) ?

33 minutes ago, norbert said:

But why one in summer outfits (or hot environment) and the other one in winter (or cold environment) ?

What do I know?

What struck me are the impeccable sculpting, the natural stance, the facial expressions, the treatment of the folds, etc. Add to that these are the first 1/35 bomber crew bar none. And furthermore they’re affordable. What else do you need?

Edited by quang
Syntax

6 hours ago, Breaker said:

Odd decision - Have a Lanc and a Fort on the same shelf, from the same company but in two every so slightly different scales...

The odd duck is the lancaster, it looks like Border is going 1/35 on all the kits they develop armor or aircraft.  They acquired the lancaster from the existing WNW project, so that one is the odd man.

The irony of all this, when a 1 32 aircraft was put into a dio with 1/35 figures and vehicles nobody really cared, but now its a thing and apparently always has been amongst armour modeller's who are now saying its about time etc.. 

ANYHOO, I cant help but feel that this is a (understandable) cash grab on MOTA which, from a business perspective makes obvious sense 

I hope the kit is top drawer but i have too much invested in the HK fort to sell and buy. shame really, 

The Heinkel 111 on the other hand .........  

8 minutes ago, Phartycr0c said:

The irony of all this, when a 1 32 aircraft was put into a dio with 1/35 figures and vehicles nobody really cared, but now its a thing and apparently always has been amongst armour modeller's who are now saying its about time etc..

The thing is that 1:35 figures can easily fit into a 1:32 diorama (with a little artistic licence) as people vary in size, so they're just on the small side.  But I'm unashamedly "scaleist" in terms of aircraft as I want a constant scale across my LSPs.  YMMV.

1 minute ago, MikeC said:

The thing is that 1:35 figures can easily fit into a 1:32 diorama (with a little artistic licence) as people vary in size, so they're just on the small side.  But I'm unashamedly "scaleist" in terms of aircraft as I want a constant scale across my LSPs.  YMMV.

absolutely agree BUT we are not the ones making business decisions. I would like to think that there is some business acumen as to why border chose 1/35 and why release subjects already covered in 1/32 (accuracy aside).

Of course there is no law that dictates  aircraft should be produced in 32nd, rather, it is an accepted scale for aircraft as opposed to the "tamiya" introduced scale of 1/35 for armour.  

Question, would armour modellers be buying a 1/37 scale Sherman if anyone released one? 

44 minutes ago, Phartycr0c said:

...BUT we are not the ones making business decisions. I would like to think that there is some business acumen as to why border chose 1/35 and why release subjects already covered in 1/32 (accuracy aside).

Indeed so, and I would be very interested to learn what it was - but of course, I doubt we ever will, as it's a company's commercial decision.  Although I still have a sneaking hope that actually there's a person in Border breathing a huge sigh of relief that they seem to have got away with a typo that nobody spotted in a proposal for a 1/32 scale kit. :D

1 hour ago, Phartycr0c said:

ANYHOO, I cant help but feel that this is a (understandable) cash grab on MOTA which, from a business perspective makes obvious sense 

Three months ago, most people on this forum didn’t know what MOTA stood for. And when they finally knew, quite a few didn’t spare the scorn and sarcasm concerning the quality and credibility of the series.

Add to that the fact that it takes a bit longer than 3 months to design and produce a large scale kit.
Furthermore if Border wanted to do a ‘cash grab on MOTA’, they would be as smart as to release a B-17F instead of a B-17G with a Cheyenne turret.
Ah but hell, what do I know?

14 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I would suggest if someone were going to tool a all new B-17 in any scale now would be the time and have it on sale by early 2025 or sooner to capitalize on Masters of the Air.

I would bet serious money the folks at Border Models have ZERO idea that "Masters of the Air" is out and would not base their business decisions on a fleeting Hollywood crumpet.

As someone else pointed out, this design has been in the works for months, and production would be impossible to tie-in with an Apple TV launch.

It's why conspiracy theories are so compelling: no one would ever believe a sociopathic loner with a mail-order shitty copy of a German mauser would be able to shoot the president of the United States from a window in the building where he just happened to work. Too fantastical. A movie plot like that would be laughed out of the pitch meetings in Hollywood. There HAS to be a logical answer....

Edited by Bill Cross
more irony and sarcasm

4 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Of course there is no law that dictates  aircraft should be produced in 32nd, rather, it is an accepted scale for aircraft

Except the laws of logic and maths, in that it bears a direct mathematical relationship to 1/48 and 1/72, the more widely popular aircraft scales.  But I do accept that is not absolute.

Anyway, I seem to be at risk of diverting this thread, so perhaps I'd better bow out.