Zoukei Mura news for 2024

Jan_G

35 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Does that translation “…jet fighter aircraft….” allude to a Kikka by chance or am I hoping against hope?

No, just the Ki-100. I just had her read through it again and she can't seem to get "Jet fighter" per'se. If they're going to do a Kikka [ oh how I hope ] it will have it's own designation. Kikka would be Kokoku Nigo Heiki loosely translated Imperial weapon number 2. She isn't getting any of that in the blog. She can read all 3 types of Japanese writing methods[ riddles to me] she also speaks it fluently too [ I envy her!]

42 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

No, just the Ki-100. I just had her read through it again and she can't seem to get "Jet fighter" per'se. If they're going to do a Kikka [ oh how I hope ] it will have it's own designation. Kikka would be Kokoku Nigo Heiki loosely translated Imperial weapon number 2. She isn't getting any of that in the blog. She can read all 3 types of Japanese writing methods[ riddles to me] she also speaks it fluently too [ I envy her!]

Just a guess, but i noticed reading the subtitles for Godzilla Minus One that they referred to the shinden and planes in general as 

“jet fighters” more than once.  Maybe its a word that doesnt translate perfectly.  

On 12/22/2023 at 7:43 PM, Dave Williams said:

Agreed.  That nose silhouette looks much more like a P-51/P-51A nose than a P-51B.

Yep, as does the shape of the radiator housing under the fuselage.

19 hours ago, Artful69 said:

If ZM are going to do the whole P.51 enchilada ... I'm all for it ... the Hobbycraft kits are getting very thin on the ground and showing their age regardless ... A Mustang Mk.I & II as well as the Mk.III would be nice to see ...

Oh yes!

12 hours ago, scimitarf1 said:

My guess is that is the wrong silhouette and it should be a P-51B/C.

If it's a Pony of whatever variant except another D/K  I'll take it.  Don't think we're likely to see a P-51H though, or an F-82, but it's nice to have a fantasy or two.

20 minutes ago, Citadelgrad said:

Just a guess, but i noticed reading the subtitles for Godzilla Minus One that they referred to the shinden and planes in general as 

“jet fighters” more than once.  Maybe its a word that doesnt translate perfectly.  

My daughter says that Google translate is pretty darn good but it can get a little wonky so there's that.

23 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Since there's already a T-28B,C,D , this ones gotta be an A.  :clap2:

Definite maybe. Actually I wouldn't mind it if Z-M did the whole range, just not a big fan of KittyHawk but I'll go with it if no other choice. Now that some of the Kitty Hawk stuff is coming back , it might be interesting how all this shakes out. You just know that Z-M will be putting all the innards in.

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Definite maybe. Actually I wouldn't mind it if Z-M did the whole range, just not a big fan of KittyHawk but I'll go with it if no other choice. Now that some of the Kitty Hawk stuff is coming back , it might be interesting how all this shakes out. You just know that Z-M will be putting all the innards in.

The KH T-28 is a sound kit whereas the same cannot be said for all of their models...

24 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

The KH T-28 is a sound kit whereas the same cannot be said for all of their models...

I'll think about trying their T-28 , as long as it doesn't have a lot of "goofy" engineering. The last kits of theirs that I built were the FJ-2 and FJ-3 and they weren't bad at all[ 48th but oh well]. Well, the FJ-2 didn't give any location to mount the ext. tanks but I figured it out.