Yak-9T – René CHALLE – Régiment Normandie-Niemen – ICM 1/32

Furie

Hello guys,

After the FW 190 F-8, I stay on the eastern front, but this time there will be no black crosses but red stars.
As some may know, I was part of the Régiment Normandie-Niemen as a mechanic when I was in Colmar.
I had the chance to meet J.RISSO and R. de la POYPE which is the main subject of this ICM model.
But I’m thinking of doing R.CHALLE’s plane which is painted with a superb badge of la Furie (it must remind you something…).

This badge was worn by this pilot during the Battle of France when he was flying on MS-406 in GC III/7 and also as you will see when he was in Russia.

They were part of that group of men who said “NON”.

I bought to upgrade the ICM kit, an Eduard set for the cockpit, harness straps for the pilot, CMK wheels and exhaust pipes from Eduard’s engine. 
The paintings will always be MRP.
See you soon.

1401807-33840-54-1080.jpg

eduard-photodecoupe-avion-32998-ameliora

eduard-photodecoupe-avion-32998-ameliora

eduard-photodecoupe-avion-33300-harnais-

cmk-kit-damelioration-q32407-roues-yak-9

eduard-kit-d-amelioration-brassin-print-

Yakovlev-Yak-9T-303IAD-Yellow-60-Normand

Edited by Furie

Excellent sujet!*

The story of this escadrille is quite epic, and came to the help of the SSSR at a very difficult time for them. 
They were offered to fly any aircraft they wanted, including any of the allied ones, and chose the Yaks.

The fact that the Klimov was a development of the Hispano-Suiza might have helped.

Alain

*Excellent subject!

You see, French is very much like English!;)

Hello Alain, thank you for visiting me on this thread.
Indeed, the choice was left to CDT TULASNE (the first commander of the NN) and CNE LITTOLFF of the aircraft that would equip this unit.
They chose the Yak-1b for its flight qualities, hardiness and performance.
It should be noted that there was no political pressure to choose a particular aircraft.
Their choice was completely free.
Well, I just have to watch my mailbox and I could start a new aerial adventure (or almost)!

Edited by Furie

A little-known aspect of the NN: as France had capitulated, any French combatant who was taken prisoner by the German armed forces was considered a franc-tireur. (I do not know the translation of this word in English => maverick/freelancer ?)
As the NN pilots spoke in French between their planes, the Germans soon discovered the existence of a 100% French unit fighting with the Russians.
Marshal Keitel signed an order to have any captured NN pilot shot.
This order was applied in its greatest cruelty.
Marcel Yves Bizien crashes behind the German lines, the Germans manage to recover his identity papers.

He is identified and then considered a franc-tireur by the Germans.

His family in Dieppe is arrested during the day.

His parents and two brothers were incarcerated and deported to Buchenwald and Dora. 
Only one of his brothers survived.

Edited by Furie

I will certainly be following along, Denis!

I don't have a Yak in my stash, yet. However, the time will eventually come and I just haven't figured out which variant I would like to do. So, watching you build this one will probably be enlightening. 

Cheers,

John

4 minutes ago, Borsos said:

Amazing choice. I also have the Yak in my stash and will follow with great interest 

:popcorn:
Andreas

Tell me, Andreas, you still have a few days to start it before me and tell me what not to do.
Please…  :ph34r:

On 12/17/2023 at 6:34 PM, Furie said:

Tell me, Andreas, you still have a few days to start it before me and tell me what not to do.
Please…  :ph34r:

Sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

but with three kids, one 12 months old, modeling time tends to zero at the moment. And there are so many started projects (not only flying ones) to finish….