Yak-9T – René CHALLE – Régiment Normandie-Niemen – ICM 1/32

Furie

14 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looks wonderful so far! 

I wasn't sure (but had an idea via a friend) what Choucroute was but was confirmed............ Now I'm hungry for Sauerkraut! 

As my daughter would tell you: “Sauerkraut is life...!” After us we are 50 kilometers from Alsace and we do it ourselves.

Hello Phil88, yes our French hostages in Alsace have finally been released!!!!
I lived for 15 years in Mulhouse in Alsace (famous for its Bugatti car museum) and I have all my in-laws living there near Bale (Basel in Switzerland).
What a beautiful region, with its half-timbered houses, its Strasbourg cathedral, its choucroute, its white wines (late harvest!!!), its dialect and its complicated history between France and Germany. 
I realized that the 2 model stores I frequented in Mulhouse have closed and that the one in Bale is not interesting for the 1/32. 
Phil88 => Phil from Vosges ?

To the wife's dismay (she hates it when I cook it, as well as most anything potent smelling of that nature) I fixed a batch of smoked bratwurst and some Bavarian style kraut this afternoon!

It's amazing what the simplest of things like a great tasting meal will do.....

10 hours ago, Furie said:

Don’t know what happened here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but I was interest in the Alsace dialect!

My mother’s best friend, my “auntie Audrey” married a French airman, Louis Ramirez, just after the war ended and she moved with him to France initially then Casablanca. Audrey, being an English country girl, could not speak a single word of French, but she learned and of course became fluent. But French people couldn’t pinpoint her slight accent; they really thought she was French but thought she was from the Alsace area! 

Edited by mozart

14 hours ago, Phil88 said:

As my daughter would tell you: “Sauerkraut is life...!” After us we are 50 kilometers from Alsace and we do it ourselves.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

To the wife's dismay (she hates it when I cook it, as well as most anything potent smelling of that nature) I fixed a batch of smoked bratwurst and some Bavarian style kraut this afternoon!

It's amazing what the simplest of things like a great tasting meal will do.....

made-in-alsace-in-choucroute-we-trust.jp

3 hours ago, mozart said:

Don’t know what happened here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but I was interest in the Alsace dialect!

My mother’s best friend, my “auntie Audrey” married a French airman, Louis Ramirez, just after the war ended and she moved with him to France initially then Casablanca. Audrey, being an English country girl, could not speak a single word of French, but she learned and of course became fluent. But French people couldn’t pinpoint her slight accent; they really thought she was French but thought she was from the Alsace area! 

Well, auntie Audrey is just like my wife: she speaks French with practically no accent!
Needless to say, my wife doesn't take kindly to this kind of remark, which has a way of making her angry.
And when she's angry, she automatically switches from French to Alsatian.
And since at home my children and I (and the dog) don't understand the Alsatian dialect, we end up bursting out laughing, which makes her even angrier!
I've just invented perpetual motion!  :D

Habe you been to the wonderful Modell Expo in Illfurth in September 2023? We could have met there… It was my 2nd time at a show in Alsace after spending an amazing time in Molsheim in 2018 on a special Expo commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI…

Hello Borsos.
No, I only go to Alsace occasionally.
I've lived near Lyon since 2007 and before that I lived in Salon-de-Provence, north of Marseille. 
I don't even know where to find out about the dates and locations of model plastic exhibitions.
Is there a place where I can find all the information about upcoming model exhibitions?

To make the metal grilles behind the 2 air inlets in the wings, I took out a "long-term loan" of a sieve/strainer from my wife's kitchen. 
She hasn't yet noticed that I've borrowed the disappearance strainer, so so far, so good...

brey.jpg

3dmw.jpg

And finally, a little work on U/C door with BB'ing, internal and external.

ku4z.jpg

o6z5.jpg

1u1e.jpg

awhb.jpg

sxao.jpg

Denis, you like to live dangerously, I see... I have a suggestion: buy a new stainless steel strainer to replace the one you "borrowed" from the kitchen before being questioned about it, and search online for flour strainers, they have thinest mesh and in brass, it works much better!

arf a mo'...

https://www.ebay.it/itm/113267506121

https://www.ebay.it/itm/225420255173

Cheers, Paolo ;)

Thanks for the tip Paolo, I'll go and see if I can find a flour strainer.
As for the other colander, I'm going to put it back discreetly in the kitchen and if my wife asks I'll say it's the termites' fault...  :ph34r:

On 2/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, Furie said:

To make the metal grilles behind the 2 air inlets in the wings, I took out a "long-term loan" of a sieve/strainer from my wife's kitchen. 
She hasn't yet noticed that I've borrowed the disappearance strainer, so so far, so good...

To make the air inlet grilles you can also use permanent coffee filters, the mesh is much finer and matches better. And in the event of a disappearance, Madame will not notice it, unless she already has one.