Yak-9T – René CHALLE – Régiment Normandie-Niemen – ICM 1/32

Furie

I just received my Yak 9, well it’s a great surprise.
I expected something quite simple, even lines of structures quite imprecise or thick because this is my first ICM kit.
I situate the quality of this kit between Hasegawa and Revell.
Then, I cannot prejudge the ease of assembly and the accuracy of the shapes of the plane but all this seems very nice for an introduction.

r4pc.jpg

ylrp.jpg

e3vh.jpg

1976.jpg

18f7.jpg

8pna.jpg

The current crop of ICM kits are a delight to build.  I'd rate them above Hasegawa kits, who haven't released a new kit in decades, but can't compare them to Revell as I haven't built one of there's in decades either.  I did a Yak-9T a while back which was a lot of fun and turned out well too.  There's a link in my signature below if you want to have a look. 

Cheers,

Michael

19 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

They've improved considerably in the past few years compared to the old classic Revell 1/32 stuff.

I think you'd be impressed Mike.

If I can be excused for hijacking this subject, I do have Revell's Me-262B-1a in my stash which I'll start someday.  No idea when, though.

Cheers,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the festive season is over, I'm just getting the Cameo up and running, and I've got my nose back in my Yak 9.
A little BB'ing to get it back on a sound footing, and on top of that I painted it with MRP's A-14 for the cockpit color.
A bit of twisted electrical wire to simulate left and right electrical wiring, and the installation of the Eduard kit.
I decided (probably the alcohol fumes of December 31st) to glue absolutely everything in this Eduard set...
You know, that stupid stuff they call "good resolutions" for the year 2024...
Surprisingly, I didn't hear a sound like "djoinnnnng!", which is synonymous with a PE part which, for some reason known only to itself, behaves like a spring and satelliteizes in the matrix.
No, all went well with the PE, I just lost some ICM plastic parts that I'll find again some day.
Or not...
For the 3 nitro-vodka bottle clamps I used thin strips of Tamiya tape painted with a Chrome paint pen.
I didn't paint the aluminum before the A-14 because this gray is very light and the aluminum chipping wouldn't have been very visible.
So I did my chipping with the 2 pencils shown in the photo.
The final result is quite convincing.
I'll leave you for a week as I'm off to Alsace tomorrow to visit my in-laws...
I must have made a huge screwup in a previous life.
Think of me, folks...

1h55.jpg

z78c.jpg

zrnd.jpg

gwo5.jpg

mri5.jpg

86yy.jpg

vuyj.jpg

wk65.jpg

fpx6.jpg

54v6.jpg