New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

25 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Felt a warm fuzzy affinity with the arctic, whiskers and tusks when the magic word Walrus appeared. Would fit the quirky label, later.

I'm really hoping it isn't a Bf 109, as the 019 number combo is already getting a lot of attention in Japan. 

What do I associate with the Spitfire but isn't one? An early Hurricane, definitely, but also a ground support set with accumulator, refuelling bowser and maybe a dinky sports car.

Tony

I was thinking same thing could be a diorama.

up against competitors with early 109 and Hurricane. And also Trumpys Stuka ( would like this though. I d give a Lysander a vote. Mustang III nice. Harrier and Sabre - interesting. Hellcat - no thanks! 

Although Anson and Dornier nice big and risky as money spinners

Interesting angle Tony. All airforces operate more ground vehicles than aircraft but kit producers know planes are sexier than fuel bowsers and grocery vans.

Also, is there not an order of kit customers, beginning with habitually OOB builders, rising through progressions of AM enhancers to major conversion set buyers? What are the all inclusive costs of those choices?  Would I rather await a top class conversion set to produce a more convincing P 51 B/C from a less accurate  P 51 B or D kit, or would I be happier paying similar or perhaps a little less money upfront for a new P 51 B done right?

I don't think it's about sexy. Even Airfix have gone for a 1/35 Katy and Mini Art have a whole host of cheese vendors etc.

The issue really is that 1/32 aviation-related military modelling never really happened, except for delightful items from Iconicair and Videoaviation. There are signs of ground equipment becoming more popular in 1/32 and I would very much welcome more. 

Yes, most of us would prefer the all-singing all-dancing kit done right, for a higher fee. As long as it appeals, that is

The Kotare single engine(less) props at around £100 are about right for a Spitfire-sized aeroplane kit, so I'd really like a Griffon-powered lowback version, especially a Seafire — does that qualify? 

Tony

"Something for a Spitfire to shoot down"?

Well it depends on what Mk of Spitfire from their catalogue. If it's later than the Mk.I Spitfires then a 109F fits the bill too. Or early 190's.

Why the mystery, I will never understand! If a manufacturer is making a new kit then why not announce whatever it is? Are they afraid of competition? Well, then just announce the kit when it is about to be launched and your competitors cannot catch up. 

This does not help anybody, does it? I don't see the modelers benefiting from this other than making wishlists and nor do I think it helps the manufacturers at all in any way.

Sincerely asking, am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

+1 - what’s it gonna take! Not a a/c NZ used but how many decades since a 1/32 Lysander was done :doh:

True, New Zealand didn't fly them but there were quite a few pilots from NZ that did. My next door neighbor growing up flew them [ he was Canadian], so I know other pilots from the commonwealth flew them too. I say bring it on!

32 minutes ago, mattcour said:

This does not help anybody, does it? I don't see the modelers benefiting from this other than making wishlists and nor do I think it helps the manufacturers at all in any way.

Sincerely asking, am I missing something?

Seeing wishlists from modellers is free market research ;)

9 hours ago, Christa said:

Interesting angle Tony. All airforces operate more ground vehicles than aircraft but kit producers know planes are sexier than fuel bowsers and grocery vans.

Also, is there not an order of kit customers, beginning with habitually OOB builders, rising through progressions of AM enhancers to major conversion set buyers? What are the all inclusive costs of those choices?  Would I rather await a top class conversion set to produce a more convincing P 51 B/C from a less accurate  P 51 B or D kit, or would I be happier paying similar or perhaps a little less money upfront for a new P 51 B done right?

I believe there is an order of kit customers per se'. Speaking for me only ,I'd rather wait for a new tooled B/C as long as it's done right. It's less wear and tear on me.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

I think getting so quickly a multi-engined plane from them is probably a wishful thinking...

I just have to ask . Why do you think it's too quick for them ? I mean it's a new company but the people involved aren't newbes. I'm asking because I do value your view points so I'm being curious out of respect.