LSP 2024 Group Build suggestion thread...

BradG

On 9/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Hardcore said:

Rosebud (or Nostalgia calls) whatever made a big impression on you way back at the dawn of time. 

Myself I am waiting for an 60's Revell Bf109G to be delivered, and i a m going to build it! 

Oo for me it was the Revell P-40.  The shark face was Waay cool.

Although I did pledge to myself that I was not going to build anymore kits that steal too much life.  

Edited by Rick Griewski
Another thought

On 9/23/2023 at 1:48 PM, Rick Griewski said:

Oo for me it was the Revell P-40.  The shark face was Waay cool.

Although I did pledge to myself that I was not going to build anymore kits that steal too much life.  

Those old things have very low number of parts. My kit comes with resin wheels, which is I intend to use because the original are ugly, and I may use a new spinner and prop i got lying around. That and some putty. 

Should be a quick build letting me focus on painting. 

Latin eagles - everything used in Central and Latin America, Falklands included.

Wide range from stringbags to supersonic fighters, transporters and helos included. Also the chance to build some WW2 participants in the not-so-common markings of expeditionary air forces like the Mexican or Brasilian ones.

Strong support for the D-Day topic here.

Regards

- dutik

D-Day build get ma vote ...we can all line up to do Priller or his Wingmans FW190's as the only two Luftwaffe planes in the sky according to legend . :P

I've see the Longest Day .....what could possibly be inaccurate?????? Is that stick so he could fly with his teeth ???

pips1.jpg

On 9/23/2023 at 11:20 AM, Lee White said:

How about "Snakes on a plane"? Any aircraft that was armed with the Sidewinder missile. That covers a lot of ground.

That's actually a great idea, as I was looking for something that was centered around jets. I will expand on this by allowing in the Python family of missiles which adds around 20 countries into the mix and the R-77 Adder which sees a few more options.

Latin Eagles is a good idea, perhaps for another time. I like the idea of movie inspired models, we might have even tried it in the past I can't remember but I'm not sure there is a huge amount in 1/32. Open to be convinced otherwise though for another time. 

However, thank you gentlemen, we have our 4;

Normandy Campaign

Imagination Land /What if

VTOL 

Snakes on a Plane (Sidewinders, Pythons and Adders). *I will also count the AA-2 Atoll here as well, as it was a virtual copy (down to the part numbers) of the Aim-9B and could be fired from the same launch rail without modification to the aircraft.

Edited by BradG

10 hours ago, dutik said:

Whats out there regarding VTOL models except the Harrier, the F-35, Focke-Wulff Triebflugel and Bachems Natter? Helos?

Regards

- dutik

Yes it's primarily going to be a helicopter GB, but just thought calling it VTOL opens up a couple of other options for people.