Pacific Coast Models Macchi C.205 completed

chrish

Just started tonight, whilst awaiting weapons from Sprue Brothers for the F-8E which parcel tracking indicates was incorrectly addressed and stuck in transit somewhere.

Hoping to build it OOB and enjoy a nice smooth build (we'll see how that works out)

dn5KyMZ.jpg

2e80ral.jpg

And thats all for now

I had fun with the challenge of building this kit, but it crashed off a shelf several years ago. Still have all the parts- give or take. Thinking maybe I can use the PCM nose parts to modify the nose from the Italeri. Just a dream.

Will definitely be obtaining this new kit- maybe two. 

14 hours ago, Steve Eagle said:

I had fun with the challenge of building this kit, but it crashed off a shelf several years ago. Still have all the parts- give or take. Thinking maybe I can use the PCM nose parts to modify the nose from the Italeri. Just a dream.

Will definitely be obtaining this new kit- maybe two. 

Italeri?  Did I miss something?

On 6/19/2023 at 2:53 AM, chrish said:

Just started tonight, whilst awaiting weapons from Sprue Brothers for the F-8E which parcel tracking indicates was incorrectly addressed and stuck in transit somewhere.

Hoping to build it OOB and enjoy a nice smooth build (we'll see how that works out)

dn5KyMZ.jpg

2e80ral.jpg

And thats all for now

Hi Chrish! Nice project incoming!!!!

Even you chose OOB I hope these two manuals can help you in detailing

https://www.cmpr.it/MN - Macchi MC. 205 V.htm

Enjoy.

Tiberio

4 minutes ago, amurray said:

Oh, my!  I may have to have TWO unbuilt 1/32 Macchi 205's - the PCM & the Italeri!  :yahoo:

Thanks, Kev!

Well, to be fair, they've only the announced the 202 so far, but unless sales really tank, I'd imagine a follow-up 205 release would be a no-brainer.

Kev

5 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Well, to be fair, they've only the announced the 202 so far, but unless sales really tank, I'd imagine a follow-up 205 release would be a no-brainer.

Kev

Oh My God!!!  You mean I'm going to end up with two unbuilt 202's and two unbuilt 205's!  I feel an onset of a case of the vapors.  Where's my inhaler?!?!  :help:

14 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

well maybe I'll stuff this back in the stash and await the future, assuredly much nicer Italeri kit

6 hours ago, chrish said:

well maybe I'll stuff this back in the stash and await the future, assuredly much nicer Italeri kit

OH, NO!  You have committed to starting this so that I may learn from your anguish (assuming I ever build it).  Forge on!

"We who are about to die salute you!"  :m0152:

7 hours ago, chrish said:

Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

You can have your cake and eat it too…

Just send me the unmade kit and I’ll do it ! :P