spoke to Airfix yesterday..

airscale

To outperform sales of the 1/24 Spitfire IX it would most likely have to be a P-51D or F-4 Phantom II. 

Personally I'd love a super-detailed Lightning F.6 (but an FG.1/F-4K would be equally wonderful). 

I suspect it's going to be a propellery thing. 

Tony 

Chris, yes, great music, and big. About 5 1/2 hr. drive down to where we hunt. 2 hours to Louisiana, real easy to spend some time driving...

Ron, I suspect an Airfix 109 would be better than the trumpy 109s.

For some reason I have the Finns singing like they are from Minnesnowta.

I hope for a North American AT-6 Texan, with S.N.J. Harvard, an instructor known to his friends as 'Mike', in the rear seat and Max Mozart, pilot under instruction, up front, wearing gauntlets.

I need to rest now ...

Well there is this of course:

nR7nfi.jpg

but why travel to Finland when there are other Hurricanes much closer to home? ( Funnily enough, having seen Chris’ witty post above, flown here by my flying instructor Clive Davidson!). 

Edited by mozart

:lol: @airscale, you certainly know how to put the cat amongst the pigeons Peter. 

The Finnish connection is possibly a bit of a red herring although a new tool Hurricane makes complete sense. 

It could be a coincidence but Revell released an early Spitfire in 1/32nd scale, Airfix re-popped their ancient Mk1a. Revell released a Mk IX in 1/32nd scale, Airfix brought us a brand new Mk IX in 1/24th. What have Revell just released in 1/32nd scale? :hmmm:

:)

Personally I'd like to see them return to a jet. A BAe Hawk in Red Arrows livery seems to be a no brainer. Three different tail options to allow for three individual boxings. There are the all black trainer versions. Special schemes like the all over dark green/dark earth cammo version plus the original Red, white, grey trainer and wrap around green/grey cammo. Weapon options and even a few oversees customers too. (Don't/didn't Finland use the Hawk? :innocent:) The skin surface of the jet even allows them to add texturing that they're fond of doing in this scale.

Or, perhaps a deHavilland Vampire? Plentty of nations used it which garners possible global appeal. Heaps of schemes to choose (Finland again? :hmmm:) plus they already did a ton of research for their smaller scale releases. 

I'm probably way off the mark but it's fun to cogitate. 

Cheers,

Guy

Edited by geedubelyer

As I said, the management insist the sales be as good as the Spitfire. All the esoteric stuff is pie in the sky. Hawk or 109?…. 109G has been done, not well but done. 109E or F would sell. It’s not a Defiant, that’s for sure.