1/18 Airacobra 1 - AH601

airscale

8 hours ago, airscale said:

Thank you gents - you are really too kind :)

Well, I got to my favourite part in the build - the cockpit & instrument panel :wub:

I don't know why, but I have always enjoyed this the most, I guess thats how airscale started..

I just got in a groove so no in progress pics, but the parts are made from PE, 3D, custom decals scaled up from our own airscale ones (of which I have about 100 sets now eek), wire, plastic, metal, some hiroboy switches and some of our metallic placards

...first up a control box on the left side of the cockpit which includes a bunch of circuit breakers..

KvoUHq.jpg

..next, the centre console which includes an RAF radio fit - no idea what it is but its in the Pilots Notes pictures

62aqBR.jpg

..the left hand instrument panel switch panel & mount..

M6YdYt.jpg

FjFcnd.jpg

..then the right hand side panel & mount including UK oxygen fit..

45psrN.jpg

722Seq.jpg

..for the main instrument panel, it sits up and proud under the windshield and I think a lot of gubbins can be seen (unless covered by a canvas boot thing) so I made it as it can be seen..

VrwwMH.jpg

2KGxhV.jpg

2sQOdi.jpg

9Kn6zu.jpg

ygaeZE.jpg

2r6mr2.jpg

..loved doing it and think I could just make these instead of whole areoplanes..

TTFN

Peter

How is it allowed to blur the lines of reality? I can't tell what is real or modeled with your talents...

6 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Wait.  I am VERY confused.  Are those photos of clusters out of a real airplane or are they something you scratched??

I thought I was the only one...Unreal stuff here...

Hello Peter .
As usual, I'm the party pooper.
Great job done so far but before it's too late to fix it take a look at the article in the link below, because often the P 39 cockpits were in bronze green and it seems to me that you painted them in interior green.
I am always amazed by your dexterity, the braid cable is a gem.

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/interior-colours-of-us-aircraft-1941-45-part-ii/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very late to the party due to my modelling hiatus, but this is absofreakinglutely spectacular. Your builds are mind blowing, all of them, but this one is even better than the other ones. The detail, the precision, everything is beyond believing. But there you are ...

Can't wait for the next update.

Cheers

Rainer

5 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

I'm very late to the party due to my modelling hiatus, but this is absofreakinglutely spectacular. Your builds are mind blowing, all of them, but this one is even better than the other ones. The detail, the precision, everything is beyond believing. But there you are ...

Can't wait for the next update.

Cheers

Rainer

x2.

It's palpable how your experience has grown over the years, Peter, this model is clear example of your ever-increasing skills at precisely replicating real things in miniature size. It truly is magical to see (at least the little we get to actually see of) your process, and like others my brain also does constant double-takes and sort of breaks a little at the absolute perfection of it all. I mean, WTF how is this even possible at 1/18 scale?!? It's literally breath-taking!

Hat's off to you Mr. Castle, you deserve all the accolades and then some.

- Thomaz