1/32 vac. ID Models Lockheed Hudson

chrish

I come across this problem regularly when building big vac kits. When you consider the moulds are all hand made, it’s not a surprise. 

I’m of the opinion that the casual observer will not notice - especially if you position/pose the props carefully - and the extra work on correcting it will be serious mojo-sapper. Life’s too short. 

Tom

Edited by tomprobert

Worry over the wings put behind me and moving ahead, Ok. on a bit of a tangent but kind of ahead.

I've ordered SAC white metal P-38 Lightning landing gear. My thinking is that due to the malleability of the material and the close resemblance of those gear legs to the Hudson's, I can bend mangle and mutilate them to work on this model (that's the hope at least). In the meantime I've begun adding some plumbing and piping to the gear bays, I'll try adding more once I see what the main gear looks like. 

AFAT6CG.jpg

95KjL1t.jpg

rxdz0Tu.jpg

As well, I knew earlier on that I was never going to be happy just gluing the stabilizers all together and trying to refine the panel lines and such. So I've decided to just go ahead and start cutting up the empennage to deflect the controls. Not sure how good this will all work out but it's all to the benefit of learning a new skill...I hope

This is an early image, I've added some internal structure and a representation of the torque tube. The other fin is underway at the moment

lgivqyJ.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hahaha! Thanks for all the confidence! I think you may be more optimistic than I

A bit more carving done as of quitting time tonight. I was never going to be happy with the soft indentations indicating hinge lines, it just took a while to spool up my courage to do something about it. It's hard to see what with white plastic and light pencil marks but I drew a line across the hinge on the elevator and realized there was a sweep forward on one side. I filled it in with putty and sawed off the elevator;

IA8ZJtV.jpg

and then the slot for the vertical stab.

6RxUhsS.jpg

and a test fit

TfOFfPI.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Not so sure it's bravery as much as blind optimism that I can build it. 

It's still a long trip and I may yet be beaten by it.

But...a bit of progress tonight.

qKjJfH9.jpg

R7rf6IB.jpg

SzZ0wfX.jpg

A little more refinement here and there still needed but for now, I'll set it aside and I guess start working on the next big thing I've been avoiding...the hull.