ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

This is going to be like the Lancaster.  Lots of eyes a lot bigger than a lot of bellies.  "Everybody" wants it, but nobody ever builds it.

Yeah...................No.

Not sure what anyone else is going to do with theirs, but out of hundreds of kits in my stash this one will be built.

Absolutely I will be buying one, as to building it Jennings is probably right. But at least I'll have it in the stash, fantasized about one for ages. Also fully agree with Jhon about the UH-1D, it's past time we get one.

14 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I find about 95% of Hannant's prices to be staggering.  There is literally almost nothing (including "Xtra" products of theirs) that I can't find cheaper, often **much** cheaper, someplace else.  I honestly don't know why anyone trades with them.

They are often slightly more expensive than other European resellers (unless of you pre-order). However, even now when I have to add that Brexit stupidity- linked import fee, the global cost is still acceptable to do a one-stop shopping order rather than purchasing the same items from at least three different resellers to be able to get the same assortment of aftermarket goodies. For plastic kits, they are indeed not a very competitive actor.

22 minutes ago, Smeds said:

I am surprised no one has produced a 1/32/35 SeaKing yet, apart from the Sunray one that is.

I would wholeheartedly agree with that. The Sea King is 2nd or 3rd down on my list of all time favorite helos, and having an LSP sized one would be great. I too am VERY shocked we are getting an LSP CH-54/S-64 before an LSP Sea King.   I cant complain as the CH-54 is my #1, so happy days. 

1 hour ago, Smeds said:

I am surprised no one has produced a 1/32/35 SeaKing yet, apart from the Sunray one that is.

Now the SH-3 would be quite further up my list compared to the -54.  First, it was much more widely used, so you've got a ton of marking options and second, you can opt to fold the rotors so the thing will fit on a shelf.   With the -54 (and other non-naval helos), you pretty much need a table to display your work.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

you can opt to fold the rotors so the thing will fit on a shelf.   With the -54 (and other non-naval helos), you pretty much need a table

Not true........

3218376386_3072f455b9_b.jpg

I personally think it (like all folding wings a rotors) destroys the look of the aircraft itself, but it is possible.

A LSP Tahre is very appealing but I'm a bit obsessive in it having to be 1/32 (or 1/48, if necessary, and 1/72 if unavoidably necessary. I stopped doing creepy-crawlie scale around 1973). 

Motorised, it might make an interesting fan, especially as the BLU-82 could double as a battery compartment.

Tony 

12 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

CH-46.

The Phrog would be another LS helo I'd consider.   Deep combat history, lots of interesting markings (including international ones), it's big but not huge and like all other Navy / Jarhead helos, you can fold the rotors and it still looks pretty decent (unlike the -54 above).   Before all this other silly stuff, they need to get they need to get the Huey released.  Then we can talk about other kits.

1 hour ago, John1 said:

you can fold the rotors and it still looks pretty decent (unlike the -54 above).   

To be fair, most all helos (and some aircraft) w/folded rotors look seriously goofy to me.

Even MORE so with the USN birds as you get tails twisted back upon themselves and various other components folded so much so that it removes most any hint at the lines of the actual craft, and makes it look like it came apart during an attempted crash landing.

On 12/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I would wholeheartedly agree with that. The Sea King is 2nd or 3rd down on my list of all time favorite helos, and having an LSP sized one would be great. I too am VERY shocked we are getting an LSP CH-54/S-64 before an LSP Sea King.   I cant complain as the CH-54 is my #1, so happy days. 

Especially since almost every air force in the western world has operated the Sea King in one form or another / it is seriously overlooked in this scale