ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

19 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Hi Kev

You should get your hands on the latest issue of Air Modeller Magazine. They have an article from a guy who scracthbuilt a 1/35 skycrane waterbomber; https://www.afvmodeller.com/product/air-modeller-issue-106-out-18th-jan/

/Niels 

Thanks, Niels. I do have a digital subscription for AIR Modeller, but haven't had the time to read any for a couple of years now. I'll check this latest one out for sure.

By the way, we also have an article by Ron Denning on his scratch-built Skycrane in 1/18 scale:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1669

Kev

You guys are crazy! I'm watching Nigel's review and there are a gazillion parts to this kit. Plus, it's going to be enormous:o

Good luck to anyone building this mammoth chopper.

Apparently, it's "very, very nice indeed" and "absolutely gorgeous" according to Nigel which he repeated dozens of times so it must be true :lol:

38 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

You guys are crazy! I'm watching Nigel's review and there are a gazillion parts to this kit. Plus, it's going to be enormous:o

Good luck to anyone building this mammoth chopper.

Apparently, it's "very, very nice indeed" and "absolutely gorgeous" according to Nigel which he repeated dozens of times so it must be true :lol:

I’m a big fan of Nigel and do love his videos, but (and it may be the subjects of the videos I’ve watched) every one I’ve seen has him describing the subject as ‘gorgeous’.!

I have to give ICM props for choosing this subject.   I was pretty skeptical but this thing is really starting to grow on me.   I see hours (months?) of fun replicating all those exterior hydraulic / fuel / electrical lines.  Fom my perspective, the only aftermarket that is critical are seatbelts and an IP set from Quinta (I'm so spoiled by these).    

For storage, I wonder if I could make two rotor blades removable so I can get this thing to somehow fit in the back of my display case shelf, running parallel to the wall?  

25 minutes ago, John1 said:

I have to give ICM props for choosing this subject.   I was pretty skeptical but this thing is really starting to grow on me.   I see hours (months?) of fun replicating all those exterior hydraulic / fuel / electrical lines.  Fom my perspective, the only aftermarket that is critical are seatbelts and an IP set from Quinta (I'm so spoiled by these).    

For storage, I wonder if I could make two rotor blades removable so I can get this thing to somehow fit in the back of my display case shelf, running parallel to the wall?  

You can have blades removable. The blade hubs fit to the rotorhead, then insert the blades to the hubs.

y2OAG0Y.jpg

wCsIM0o.jpg