Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Got a my shipment of scale model car parts in from Hiroboy.com.  Lots of useful stuff in here, including cool scale brass/rubber electrical connectors, mini hose, mini SHRINK hose, white metal "braided" hose, mini and MICRO springs (the micro variety is so small it doesnt even look like a spring) and electrical/ignition wire, as well as some scale race-car harnesses for my Extra 330SC build:

2016-12-04%2015.41.01.jpg

2016-12-04%2015.40.01.jpg

2016-12-04%2015.41.17.jpg

2016-12-04%2015.41.21.jpg

Cheers

Do you know Bobs Buckles? These tiny, tiny rigging loops?

Well, they are so small that holes of a conventional 0,5mm drill are large enough to stuff into half a dozen of these loops, while smaller diameter drills hard to get - or to keep. A suitable 0,2mm drill is so small you loose it in the blink of an eye, not to mention that it is very difficult to handle. Even small modelling drill handles are not made to support such a small diameter.

Tamiya to the rescue! They released small drills with thick shafts that solve all the issues.

Just ordered a 0,2mm drill. Now I shold be able to go ahead with Bobs Buckles to rig a number of planes waiting on the shelf of doom!

Regards

- dutik

That is the drawback of these sets - the fine drills easyly got broken and you start to accumulate numbers of the larger drills. Once had a set or two and the thick drills are still alive. Wish someone would sell bundles of 0,2mm drills only...

Well, my Proxxon drilling machine also holds the finest drills (I praise the Lord for this when drilling white metal parts) (that oldschool "rockhard" white metal), but the machine is impractical when drilling holes outside the drill stand. It has some more weight than a handle, and even slight misalignment at some RPM causes the fine drills to snap. So I am happy with the Tamiya way - and they are available from my preferred onlineshop now.

Great to know that other modellers face this issues too. You never walk alone :frantic:

Regards

- dutik

They sell 12 packs here. Out of my price range, though.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/78522695

What there is room for however, is this:

IMG_20161211_202118.jpg

This is in the same series as the recently released P-47 from Eduard. The art print is what really got me on this one even though the scale is wrong:

IMG_20161211_202254.jpg

The print is nice, it's done on a card stock and is a decent size too. Since shipping on just this alone was going to be around $45, I decided for the extra $7 or so it was worth adding these to the order:

IMG_20161211_202143.jpg

IMG_20161211_202157.jpg

And this fit in there too!

IMG_20161211_202157.jpg

I guess I'm set for a while now.

Carl

Got this from a sale for 30 bucks:

img_5124ptq7u.jpg

Soviet colours for me.

Regards

- dutik

That's a boxing that we don't seem to have in our database yet. Any chance you can send me a square on shot of the box cover, kit number, and if known, manufacturing date? Thanks.

I will try it at thursday, when I am home in daylight, to avoid using the flash. Too bright reflections.

Regards

- dutik

That would be greatly appreciated. I find that I get some of my best shots of this nature, on cloudy days.

Regards,