A poll (of sorts); do you stay focused on one model project?

LSP_K2

Do you fellas generally stay focused on finishing one model at a time, without being distracted by working on other models, or meander from project to project, as I frequently do?

Just curious.

I usually stick to one model at a time unless it is a planned build of two mods of the same aircraft e.g., AM Il-2 or two very similar ones like Yak-130 and M346. But sometimes I pack my current build and put it on hold if I feel it might go south.

Edited by Helmsman

I work one at a time but lately I've been thinking of trying large scale figure painting as a side project. Seems like it would be a good distraction to take a break without it involving a bunch of parts. It looks like fun too.

I’ve got multiple (10+) projects in the go at any one time. Some I work on slowly and steadily in the background (such as long term vacform/scratch projects) and others I may put down for a year or more before I get back to them. It all depends on my mojo and what I fancy at the time. Variety is the spice of life!

I am making a concerted effort to finish the many models I’ve got started before I start another at the moment - hence I’ve finished 5 builds so far this year which is more than in a long time. 

I only do one at a time. I just couldn’t multibuild. I can do a bit here and there, leave it on the bench untouched for weeks. Then pick it back up like I was on it yesterday. Most of mt builds take 9-12 months but that’s not reflective of man hours.

14 minutes ago, Stevepd said:

I only do one at a time. I just couldn’t multibuild. I can do a bit here and there, leave it on the bench untouched for weeks. Then pick it back up like I was on it yesterday. Most of mt builds take 9-12 months but that’s not reflective of man hours.

I wish had some of this attitude !!

Lothar

Even if I've got just one work in progress (and that is really rare - it's usually more than one; at the moment it's six, four LSPs and two in 1:48) I tend to plan others.  Do some research, see what's available for my chosen subject, go off at a - oh look, butterfly! - tangent, and build at least two of the stash in my head at any  one time. 

Funnily enough, even with six, I'm only really working on two at any one one time, and if I can get focused on one, that's it until it's finished.

One at a time only.   That said, I will start the research on my next build in the latter stages of what I am working on.    Starting a new kit is the reward for finishing a model. 

I only buy kits that I want to build, consequently my stash in only six kits currently and it never goes above ten.  

No ‘shelf of doom’ either.  If I stop enjoying a build then it gets binned. That said, I have binned only 5 kits and finished about 60 1/32 models over the years. 

Edited by BarryWilliams

I concentrate on one build at a time but once I get to the painting stage when things tend to slow down I usual start on the next on the list, usually I build to a theme and build three kits, recently I was on a Japanese theme, the next theme is RAF.

Cheers

Dennis