Hasegawa 2020 (re) releases

Trak-Tor

I know they are occasionally putting their older kits back to the market (Me163B, A-4E/F, F-5E earlier this year).

1:16 Sopwith Camel F.1 and 1:32 Fi156C Storch are listed for July:

www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/month/202007/

But for August, there's a Limited Edition A6M5c Zero type 52 "252nd Air Corps" on the schedule:

EZvDQiuUYAYMTgL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It's marked as 2020NEW on the leaflet, but I guess only the sprues with the bombs are new:

www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/08257/

08257_2.jpg

Cheers

Juraj

Edited by Trak-Tor

Japanese model manufacturers have been relatively slow to produce new LSP subjects over the last few years with only Z-M 'flying the flag' to any degree. 

It does look like the Eastern and Central European countries are picking up the slack with a vengeance though!

Not only are they more cost competitive they seem to be listening very closely to what modellers are asking for in all scales and subjects. 

Further to that, the quality is outstanding and they deliver on the promise.

Let's hope it continues.

I'm a happy bunny regardless!! 

Happy days. :)  

Edited by Royboy

Interesting!

It looks the bomb sprues are indeed new as they are different from the type released in their Kamikaze A6M7:

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/has/pages/has_08249_parts4.shtml

This is not the most impressive release but at least this demonstrates Hasegawa can still create new large scale plane sprues.

Still waiting for a Type 32 Zero, bubbletop Ki-61 and Ki-100 — 

and no, I'm not talking about whether existing variants can be adapted to those types. I don't care if they're part or wholly new tools. Hasegawa produced several stunning Japanese fighter kits in the early noughties, then not much in the era of austerity.

Utterly appropriate subject matter for a Japanese model company, esp. as Z-M has mostly diverged from indigenous types. But new bombs for that stunning Zero kit means they still have a stake in 1/32 scale, so all is forgiven. 

Wondering what Bossy Hobb and Rumpetter might do next year. Most of the joy comes from the Orient, though as Roy points out the Ukraine and Czechia seem to be the new European champions. 

Tony 

• 2 months later...