On The Bench, episode 85 "what happened to WNW"

cbk57

40 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

The last line of WNW's news...

"We wish to thank our incredibly talented team and all those that have supported Wingnut Wings over the years."

Sure sounds like a goodbye to me.

Indeed it does! And not only does it "sound like goodbye", it is goodbye. As explained may times here and in every other thread on the internet, WNW dismissed their"talented team" of designers. The above text says thanks and goodbye to the development and design team (even though the current "narrative" is that WNW never thanked them). That means no more new kits (so far...) But WNW can continue to sell kits from their existing catalogue with zero staff. Some of you may remember Jules Bringuer of Classic Airframes or Ken Lawrence of Pacific Coast Models (and there are more). These "model brands" consisted of nothing more than a "guy with a phone book and a cheque book". Everything was done elsewhere, they just paid for the finished product. Everything needed to make WNW models is already in place. Peter Jackson (or someone appointed by him) can do this with a few phone calls. No warehouse needed, the kits can go straight from the factory in China to the continental distributors and they do the rest. 

WNW may even do new kits in the future using "freelance" designers, like many other manufacturers do. I am a "freelance" designer and I worked with a number of companies (mmodels designed by me are being built on this forum right now. ^_^). Take it from me, making model kits does not require lots of staff, just cash. 

Radu

Edited by Radub

30 minutes ago, Vincent said:

They probably fired the person updating their website so it will stay like that forever now

:whistle:

Actually, no. I emailed them yesterday about "any updates" about when they will restart shipping and I got a reply later saying that they will let me know when ready. There are posts on FB from others who wrote to WNW and got a reply. So, there is someone at the other end.

I see a lot of "chatter" on FB that "New Zealand opened yesterday, why are WNW not shipping right this very instant?" There may me a while until the world gets back to "normal". I was talking last week to someone who could not start shipping their product because they did not have boxes. Their boxes were printed in China. The printer in China was closed due to Covid until a few weeks ago, but they could not print his boxes because they did not have the necessary ink, which was made in Italy and the company in Italy was still closed. 

Patience... 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

On 6/8/2020 at 11:34 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Facts here are in fact the facts:

We all know what others have said about WnW and their potential demise, but no one one has heard what WnW have to say about WnW and their potential demise. 

That's simply not correct.

Listen to the podcast referenced, and spend some time over at ww1aircraftmodels.com.

52 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

That's simply not correct.

Listen to the podcast referenced, and spend some time over at ww1aircraftmodels.com.

Did I miss an official statement by the company?

Otherwise, it's the same  info stated by individuals, not the company nor any spokesperson for said company.

The podcast covers all this info, plus discussions with previous employees, which is in NO way any kind of confirmation of the companies future.

These individuals may have previously worked for the company in the past, but who in no way can offiically speak for the company currently. 

It's the same information that has been circulating since all this started, and since it's not an official statement maybe I should have worded it differently for those who are not understanding what I mean......

Maybe I should have said we all know what others have said about WnW and their potential demise, but no one one has heard what the company officially  has to say about WnW and their potential demise. 

I'm simply saying all of this talk by individuals may be true......or it may not be.

Until some kind of an official statement, notice, email or press release from those responsible for the company, it remains just that, talk.