F 86 Sabre....finished

chrish

Thanks for looking in and encouraging my delinquency. I bumped it off the shelf for a spell (foiling a model is a bit of a boring chore I find) to finish the "Higher call" and  build, yet another, 1/72 Beechcraft 200- Kingair which is off in the paint drying stages now so back to foiling this kit. The fuselage has been completed and work is moving to final assembly of the flying surfaces and fitment of those surfaces to the fuselage

et91Ari.jpg

PB10Yg2.jpg

R135GFJ.jpg

oSyzO2Q.jpg

Again, thanks for looking

So, after 2 weeks of off and on work and 5 sheets of foil, I finally have what looks like a chrome plated F-86. Alclad woulda been so much quicker!

Oh well...I can begin decals and weathering now. I should be able to use any weathering medium available on the model and not worry how it affects the underlying finish.

Still in progress;

Pjh7itq.jpg

wA6GpPA.jpg

XdzHJx2.jpg

dCMdtYu.jpg

V9ftVou.jpg

ceG3Q8k.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looks good.  What brand of foil are you using?  There seems to be differing values to the foils.  What 'colors' are you using?  Or are you chemically changing the color?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks guys, it’s all “Bare Metal Foil” brand of foil, new improved chrome is the brass tinted stuff dull aluminum on some panels and bright chrome (3 different packages) as I’ve discovered they are not all to the same appearance. I’ve also varied the look by putting some (from the same sheet) with the “grain” in a right angle to an adjacent piece, the wing panels are an example of that, the centre panels are grain span wise the leading edge is grain chord wise, moving surfaces are buffed with tri-grit sanding sticks.

I've begun putting decals on today, the yellow/black Wing and fuselage stripes are nasty for hard and brittle with poor opacity...pictures later

Soo moving right along, the decals are (mostly) on and many have stopped sticking to my fingers and now remain on the model...mostly. 

Ok, so this thing now looks like it's going a million miles per hour...

4E8Q4Gl.jpg

B1mr8ET.jpg

yRKmXqE.jpg

took some artistic license in the gear bays, just for a bit of color

c4kr0ev.jpg

Thanks for looking